Tree work in London??? so who is it then :)

base

That is why I don't work for the likes of the company in the video. High pressure jobs to complete or you don't get paid. Usually not enough staff to do safely and traffic is a nightmare.

I don't want to tar every cyclist with the same brush, but Central London has it's fair share of idiots on 2 wheels. A lot of people cycle, use mopeds or motor cycles to save time getting around. A lot seem to think that red lights, zebra crossing and junctions don't apply to them.

So why would an inadequately coned work area on a busy road be any different?

To some it is just another thing they might see as an obstacle to navigate around or through to continue saving a bit of time.

FTR I have been ridden into by a cyclist as I was crossing the road outside Euston Station. Pedestrian crossing, the lights were red, Green man said go and the cyclist carried on but eventually wobbled and fell off.

A lone cyclist and motorcyclist and bits of wood laying on the ground. An ideal opportunity to get me own back for all the mirrors and scrapes down my Landcruiser caused by ignorant couriers pushing through small gaps. :biggrin:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a crew leader and lead climber for this firm and i know the ground worker well and he is a good ground worker...the **** on the bike was at fault id say..but yes could have been better traffic management...i ride my bike most days to work 10 miles then drive a Unimog around london...i would never ride upto and try and go past a site with a man in the road in hi viz! its just stupid!! and silky fox you know me and i think its unfair what you said about the crews as you know how i run my crew and we are not all bad.

I want to say the cyclist, as we get the same trouble when doing these trees on the main roads in London, but I can only see 1 groundy (there maybe a second). If this is the case to send out a 2 man crew to do this type of work is just not sensible and is asking for trouble.

In reality I blame the contractors for going into these contract with such low prices, puts on massive pressure on people to hit targets.