Cutters & Climbers 2013

Amelanchier

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't make it along sadly, how was the weather and attendance Andy?

Hard to gauge really, we are sort of off to one side tucked away in the trees for safety. It is a country Game Show first and foremost, rather than industry specific. We have had some keen competitors, but large spells of inactivity as well. I think tomorrow should be the better day, being a Sunday.

I really must applaud the organisers of all the Forestry events there, Chalky, Tony etc, they have worked their socks off to make this a true spectator sport for this event. :thumbup1:

Pics Andy:biggrin:

I didn't take any, trying to keep things going on the stand is enough. Only had one score over 20 (21 in fact...me!! :biggrin:) yesterday, which was surprising as the AT Big gun of Rich Rule is there to hot up the competition (:lol::001_tt2::001_rolleyes:) Adam Bourne puts up a consistently good battle, with sudden death throw offs resulting in some comical and extremely long "Walks of Shame" to retrieve the axes. I think Adam has a picture of Steve taking a crafty toss at some point, but the main mans heart just doesn't seem to be in it yet this season, maybe the winter lay off has taken the edge off his Axe. Dan (The Man) Curtis put up a spirited battle, but his weariness from the climbing events took their toll on his performance, hopefully the overnight session in the campsite will pick him up. Daring camera angles while Steve was throwing should be interesting to see later? Eh Dan? The competition is seriously missing the Hucks single-handed technique, Lofty Lofthouses competitive edge, and Stevie Blairs ever-present bubbly personality, and Mark Bolams Northern grit, maybe some new contenders will enter the fray, step up to the mark, and boost our contributions to the Children's Trust.

Oh, and we have some really cool Treeshirtz on sale there too. And if you're any good, score 20 or more, you can actually win one.

There's been a heavy overnight frost here, which will probably take it's toll on the overnight axemen. Fortunately, I'm sitting looking out of the window in my nice warm house:D Had a great turnout yesterday, hopefully a few more faces will show up today. The tree that hosted yesterday's isa student finals will today be an srt tree, so anyone that wants to come and see/try out some srtwp toys, come and find us! We're next to the axe throwing:p:thumbup:

Edited by Dan Curtis

There's been a heavy overnight frost here, which will probably take it's toll on the overnight axemen. Fortunately, I'm sitting looking out of the window in my nice warm house:D Had a great turnout yesterday, hopefully a few more faces will show up today. The tree that hosted yesterday's isa student finals will today be an srt tree, so anyone that wants to come and see/try out some srtwp toys, come and find us! We're next to the axe throwing:p:thumbup:

Yeah i had my heating on too :thumbup::lol: SRT day today!!!!