User or dealer  

24 members have voted

1. 1. User or dealer

• Yes, Can be both
    • NO, can not be both
    • Not sure
    • Who gives a dam

Hey you guys.

Can a tree surgery company be a user of equipment, BUT also claim to be a dealer for the machines & equipment ?.:confused1:

would you purchase machinery and/or equipment from your competition ?.

or

Can a equipment dealer also be quoting for tree work.

Can it be done ?.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people shop around these days via the internet to get the best price. there is a lot of big price variations, e.g. noted Arborcut were selling a new Predator 28 for £11750 and Beaverplant came in at over £17000 for a similar machine? I know it's good to have local dealer backup but with parts on next day delivery the saving makes economic sense! So I'am not bothered who sells the machine as long as I get the best price possible. Yes if you deal in machines and operate them your running costs could be lower than a non dealer but that's business.

Hey you guys.

Can a tree surgery company be a user of equipment, BUT also claim to be a dealer for the machines & equipment ?.:confused1:

would you purchase machinery and/or equipment from your competition ?.

or

Can a equipment dealer also be quoting for tree work.

Can it be done ?.

I have a few customers that will not deal with a supplier who also does tree work, they see it as a conflict of interests, they may have a point, is the machinery supply side of the company helping to prop up the tree side that may be quoting against them. At the moment it may be visa versa. IMO we all have a right to earn money in what ever way we choose and we all have a right to decide who we spend our hard earned cash with, for what ever the reason.

I will get off the fence now:vroam:

The obvious answer is yes. I can think of 3 sizable firms straight off who do both, or have done both up to a point, and then split the business.

Evidently people dont have a problem buying from these companies, otherwise they would be out of business. I buy from whoever does the best price and best service.

Perhaps the question is really should companies do both?

I think these companies exist out of necessatity, tree surgery firm struggles finding the kit, so they set up importing equipment and reselling it, or they start building their own chippers. I can think of a major uk chipper manufactorer who positively advertise this fact.

So are you thinking of getting into tree work then?

So I'am not bothered who sells the machine as long as I get the best price possible.

i think this is a common attitude.....we all like to shop around for a decent price......but just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, isnt this exactly the kinda of attitude that we moan about when people go for a lowball quote over ours with regards tree work? double standards??

btw, this isnt a dig at you buzz, as i shop around also

A dealer user will have first hand experience of most equipment and will be able to give a realistic comparison rather than a scripted description of their product, also using different equipment may have been the inspiration to become a dealer of that equipment, you would hardly choose a crap make to become a dealer of.

I used to deal Dewalt, I also repaired it, used it and knew it inside out, I could offer first hand advise on the best tool for the job and was honest about which wouldn't do the job

i think this is a common attitude.....we all like to shop around for a decent price......but just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, isnt this exactly the kinda of attitude that we moan about when people go for a lowball quote over ours with regards tree work? double standards??

btw, this isnt a dig at you buzz, as i shop around also

No, not at all. As informed end users, we should be able to compare like with like. How the supplier gets those prices is none of my business, as long as it is legitimate.

Whereas domestic tree work clients are mostly clueless about what makes a good tree job or a poor one.