Chain oil blockage.

David oakman

can you get such a manual for chainsaws? and if not why not:mad1:

Yep you sure can either from the dealers or the big www or ebay :001_smile:

I have one for the 026 in pdf but its about 1.4mb and I dont think it can be posted here anyway.

If you get stuck pm your email address and I will pass it on.:001_smile:

Hope I'm not breaking any rules Steve if so just delete this please :blushing:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry David, I presume everyone is like myself. The hardest part is taking off the clutch housing to expose the oil pump, but you get a little tool to put in the sparkplug hole to lock the piston and crank.

Just get a clean sheet of paper and place everything in order that they were taken off and which ever way up they were taken off then just put them back in reverse order.

The only way to learn is to get toed in.

The compressor is a must BTW and do as I do and don't work in the rain :001_tongue:

hey dave, if you are going to lock the piston make sure you get the alloy one you screw in and not a plastic one, i had one snap years ago and get lost in the engine, had to pay someone to strip it down. it might not even be the pump, have you taken it apart yet to see if it has the spinny oiler thing behind the drum. you will know if you have one because the drum will have a small notch out it where it fits in.

Sorry David, I presume everyone is like myself. The hardest part is taking off the clutch housing to expose the oil pump, but you get a little tool to put in the sparkplug hole to lock the piston and crank.

Just get a clean sheet of paper and place everything in order that they were taken off and which ever way up they were taken off then just put them back in reverse order.

The only way to learn is to get toed in.

The compressor is a must BTW and do as I do and don't work in the rain :001_tongue:

So you use a nylon piston stop to remove the clutch, i use a small piece of starter cord and knot it and put that down the bore, does the same thing and is easier and more convenient, also it pays to take the recoil off before putting the clutch back on and tightening, thats what i do with the Huskies anyway

So you use a nylon piston stop to remove the clutch, i use a small piece of starter cord and knot it and put that down the bore, does the same thing and is easier and more convenient, also it pays to take the recoil off before putting the clutch back on and tightening, thats what i do with the Huskies anyway

good tip mate, i scored a piston on my 088 before.:mad1:

ooouuuccchhhh!! that has got to hurt the poor little saw.

never tried that, knowing my heavy handed touch i would smash the engine to bits:001_smile:

Works a treat mate one quick blast and its undone, hardly even turns the engine over and if you think about it much better than putting uneven force on a piston, probably less force than slapping the chain break on at full belt.

Well my opinion anyhow dont blame me if it snaps your crank :001_tongue:

better than starter cord that can get stuck down the side or in a port is old climbing line

Does anyone else wizz em off with the air gun or is that just me so much simpler and quicker

P.S forward for off