Chain oil blockage.

David oakman

Works a treat mate one quick blast and its undone, hardly even turns the engine over and if you think about it much better than putting uneven force on a piston, probably less force than slapping the chain break on at full belt.

Well my opinion anyhow dont blame me if it snaps your crank :001_tongue:

i will give it a try coz it is a pain in the ass trying to balance the saw on its side and there isnt much metal to get a grip of with the ratchet.cheers. :001_smile:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will give it a try coz it is a pain in the ass trying to balance the saw on its side and there isnt much metal to get a grip of with the ratchet.cheers. :001_smile:

No worries mate.

Looks like a couple of others use them as aswell, but like Dean said dont wind the gun up too much or it will fire the clutch across the workshop :001_smile:

Also, try and use a hexagon socket rather than a Bi-hex and if you look on any socket the edge is tapered down to the parts that grip the nut. If you use a linisher, grinder or whatever to grind that taper off so the gripping splines come right up to the edge of the socket it is less likely to strip the corners off a shallow nut

So you use a nylon piston stop to remove the clutch, i use a small piece of starter cord and knot it and put that down the bore, does the same thing and is easier and more convenient, also it pays to take the recoil off before putting the clutch back on and tightening, thats what i do with the Huskies anyway

Do you have the newer style clutches on your huskies with the two notches cut out of them as I just find the compression at the top of the piston stroke by turning the clutch and then use a combi spanner and a persuader (hammer!) and shock them off. Seems harsh but nothing internally being stopped moving anywhere it wouldn't normally and convenient for in field use if you don't have the use of an airline. They even put arrows on them to show you the way to hit them:001_smile:!

P.S Make sure the decompression button is out otherwise trying to find decompression might take some time:blushing: