Rock machinery stump grinder

Drayton tree care

Yeah they fine, the body and handle is solid, engine starts on first pull (Briggs one on mine) bearings are holding up well, grease nipples came off so never bothered greasing them as cheap enough to replace but no issues there. Only negative I've found quality wise is the break, wore out pretty fast. I'll try multitip (if not too expensive to swap) when current teeth wear out as a bit expensive as takes 12 and a while to swap them, I'm guessing looking at the website it would only need 4?

Rang today. All on back order end of August

So then I decided shoukd I just go a few quid more and get something better

Priced a predator 360. Obviously it's a totally different machine for 3k more which is ok

What else is on the market? I want something to go in the back of the landcruiser so I can also tow the chipper, or if hiring a big machine I can take 2 units on a job

Budget 2-4k

Rang today. All on back order end of August

So then I decided shoukd I just go a few quid more and get something better

Priced a predator 360. Obviously it's a totally different machine for 3k more which is ok

What else is on the market? I want something to go in the back of the landcruiser so I can also tow the chipper, or if hiring a big machine I can take 2 units on a job

Budget 2-4k

I think for the price - circa 1500£, they are excellent. However, if you can stretch to more then something with a pivot would be worth the extra investment. I think the smaller predators have that feature but I haven't used one.

4k is not far off second hand HB20 money.... If you can go that far then do, they are great bits of kit. Get a demo, you will buy one.

:thumbup1:

EDIT -

I want something to go in the back of the landcruiser.

OK, reading again, i'm no sure on the space available for putting 'in' rather than 'on'. Still, worth a look.

Edited by Suffolk-Matt
Added

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

We here at Rock Machinery are currently working on designing a pivoting stump grinder. We hope to release it next year.

The Rock Original will be back in stock next week but there is a waiting list.

I have noticed a lot of people ask why we are so competitively priced, well we are a family run business who try to keep dealers and middle men out.

We do not sacrifice quality for price, we are trying to build a brand that people trust. We have very high standards when it comes to the machines so quality is our number one priority.

We hope the Rock brand can really cement it name in the forestry industry.

If anyone has any suggestions or improvements we are always happy to listen.

James Kirby

Owner

Rock Machinery.

• 4 months later...

Bought one of the (orange) Brigs and S machines from James at Rock in September. All of our work is in London. We either have through house access or gardens that are so preened that we often cant drive our bigger machine across (sandstone steps and stumpgrinder nightmares). This is a great little machine. Well worth the money. With sharp teeth it can be pretty quick. Also ive had excellent service from the guys at Rock Machinery. Win win! :thumbup: Good bit of kit.

• 1 month later...

REALLY thinking of getting one now, as i cant find a decent used machine at the mo and have a few jobs coming up soon.

Any updates from you guys who have them. The teeth worry me as i think replacement cost is high.

Any more thoughts please :)

Teeth are a bit pricey but I make sure I charge a minimum £120 on any stump grinding job I do so figure one job and that's the teeth paid for, keep them touched up with an angle grinder and diamond disc and you'll get a few months no problem depending on how much work you're doing