Dual wheels on quad

monkeybusiness

we use straw and tops of euro pallets for quad tracks but if you are going to being using it a lot i put in the time to getging it smoth is as and wider than needed as it makes them more stable and start it on hard ground if you can

but keep meaning to duels, on the front i geather it make the stearing quite twitchy

Building tracks isn't really an option as it is a massive site and we need to get all over it. I'm considering an Argocat, but was wandering if I could adapt a quad as I already have one.

As for tracks to fit on the quad, I'm not sure how that would work without massive modification (I assume it would have to be skid steer for a start, which would necessitate a rear diff for one thing). I'd like to see one though, it sounds ace!

I'm not too concerned about twitchy steering as it would only be a low speed application - however it is important that the quad would still be steerable (I'm not sure if dual wheels would make the steering ridiculously heavy)?

Cheers for the input so far - keep it coming!

Surly a decent set of tractor like tread flotation tyres would do? We hed some on a trx550 years ago and it would go anywhere, that was on a farm on exmoor where we had to tend to a lot of stock on boggy commons.

ours go every were but the problem is how much damage will it do in the process, and if you tracking the same place lots its an issue and i find honda quads dont like mud at all as there brakes stop working all the time due to mud ie with in a month

we even used duels on the trailed forage harvester