Stihl 090 on some ash

Rob D

rob whats the price of the 84 inch bar

bet that would be fun with 2 090s

They are not cheap - will be £590-00+vat although I'll still do 10% off for arbtalkers.... milling width of a full 6 foot and yep would be mental with x2 090s or x2 076s!

I'll be using with a single powerhead I think and see how I get on as have a 6 foot wide oak in the yard.

Lovely colour in those boards Rob.

Question - how do you find the 090 compared to the 088/MS880? I find that with the 50 inch bar the 088 is a bit tediously slow. Found it to be far more practical on the 42.

I am dying to get a custom hydraulic chainsaw mill built, but haven't yet found the log to justify it.

Jonathan

Lovely colour in those boards Rob.

Question - how do you find the 090 compared to the 088/MS880? I find that with the 50 inch bar the 088 is a bit tediously slow. Found it to be far more practical on the 42.

I am dying to get a custom hydraulic chainsaw mill built, but haven't yet found the log to justify it.

Jonathan

The 090 revs lower than the MS880 but just does not seem to bog down as easily... it slows in larger wood but still keeps on going through it... where the 880 can quickly get bogged down which is why it is prob happier on a 42" bar...

But I think milling 40"+ diameter with a chainsaw will always be a bit slow and hard work.