V.A.T decrease

Frank

The so called vat cut is a con.

The cut is being paid for by other permanent tax increases.

Fuel duty has gone up, so the forecourt price is unaffected.

Just to add insult to injury, when the rate goes back up, fuel duty and the other tax increases will remain in force, so the so called tax cut is actually three tax increases.

And yes, just like decimalisation, there will be sneaky price increases, although the exchange rate against the euro and the dollar are conspiring to put prices up in the uk anyway.

The prices have gone up because of the exchange rate nothing to do with the VAT rate,

the people that are going to suffer from this is you guys (end users).

We as a dealer are having a problem to as they have told us if the exchange rate gets better they will come back down (good news), this means we a a bit wary to stock up as much as we normally do incase we get caught out.

Sorry no smilly did it in the quick reply.

As an end user i have stopped all purchases untill i absolutly need them normally i would buy all the time.

So as end users we should stop wasting our money the tools are way over priced and the good old stihls are getting **** i loose count of how many top handels are being repaired with carb problems.

If the pound and euro level should we not pay euro prices not uk over inflated prices.

I hate to think what a schliesing will cost soon.

i'm over in ireland at the minute, you really don't want to be paying our prices for saws, they're almost double the uk prices. and vat over here is 22%!!! i've never been a fan of the labour party but i think mr brown is doing all he can. devaluing the pound seems to have slowed down the onset of recession.

it is a global recession though, it was always going to happen, what did people expect when they were borrowing seven times thier annual wage to buy a house for 3 times what it was actually worth?

it wasn't the government that got us into this position, it was reckless lending/borrowing. it's all about damage limitation now. i think that britain has taken the right steps to ensuring the recession is as shallow as possible.

surely britain is going to be in a good, competitive position to start exporting goods now? timber for example? i was laid off from a forestry job in the north of (the republic of) ireland a few months ago because it was cheaper to import timber from scotland.