light reductions

David Humphries

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A proper crown reduction imitates nature and that certainly does.

IMO it's the most difficult job in Arboriculture to get right and you appear to have mastered it.

I would give a job in a flash.

Where are you based?

Looks like you single lined it? Do you use that for all reductions?

I'm based in lincolnshire but freelance anywhere there's work, or who ever wants me so to speak.

Yep SRT everything now, ddrt has its place in my bag but not very often :)

Your using a Unicender there Adam? Immaculate work. Your Passion for tree work and climbing especially SRT shines through in everything I see you do mate!

Been using the uni for a couple weeks now mate, really hated it with a passion on rec climbs but working with it and getting to spend some quality time with it I'm really enjoying it mate :)

Thank you also buddy :)

Very nice work Adam, thanks for sharing and resurrecting the thread.

I understand this wasn't your job/spec, but I'm curious as to why you don't know the reason for it being undertaken?

Maybe I read your comment wrong?

Aesthetics fair enough, but sructural issues you'd want to be aware of, no?

To be fair David I just didn't ask why, I couldn't see any reason personally to reduce, everything seemed to be in place and order. The tree itself stands in a busy part of town so really didn't want to make a hash of it ;)

It was one of those jobs where I just looked at the spec and cracked on with it if you know what I mean? :)

All in all IMO the tree is thriving and in full Health, I know this kind of work will only do it justice. She was a beaut :)

Love this thread and as soon as I turned up I thought about it. :)

Thanks

Adam

• 2 months later...

Been watching this pine slowly subside over this bench for about 5 years.

Knew it would rest on its crown at some point.

Not sure they are connected specifically to the people who's names are on the bench, but the same person sits on this bench almost daily.

Could of felled it I guess, but opened up a couple of small windows through it for their viewing pleasure instead........

IMG_9280.JPG.889b5ed6d06175e47bac5169a686daa2.JPG

IMG_9278.JPG.1565bb72d6e4a862590d34149608b956.JPG

IMG_9276.JPG.3fe66260287f461141173823b7d678f7.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG.5e510e9a711bb04d5d71db5a36e87030.JPG

IMG_9272.JPG.c70722645379f4de015b86ea7a7f349c.JPG

59766d3af0950_DSC078621.JPG.138b6477a1973c294163688a04e5015b.JPG

• 8 months later...
WMG blocked content to US; copyright. :((

Yeah, sorry about that.

I've put together the same vid (especially for you, but don't watch it if you happen to be in Germany :001_rolleyes:) with some different music, its nothing special to be honest Guy just images of reducing a pine canopy.

Could be debated that it's fairly heavy but the lean and asymetrical crown warranted a significant wind load reduction if it was going to be maintained.

[ame]

[/ame]