Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

David, your daedalea/odd bracket scenario, well came acros this in the vaults today and thought i might present it to you for perusal.

it cleary shows that daedalea quercina has an unusual pored surface, not discimilar to its true pore bearing underside, maybe this is an adaption, and like guttation assits in the drying of the body for sporalation?

just a thought.:001_cool: (im a strange fish as you know):lol:

maybe even, it creates airflow that pushes the spore through the top! radical dude!

[ATTACH]48687[/ATTACH]

That is certainly very interesting Tony.

Will have a look at some of the shots tomorrow to compare.

But i have to say that looks very similar.

Couple of finds up at myerscoughs crow wood. I'm suggesting G. adspersum/applanatum and phelinus iginarus (sp?) With a few little shrooms on it too. These were all on beech logs

Not sure on the little orange shroom. But it was near an oak and a sycamore.

5c19e48c-12f0-80dd.jpg

5c19e48c-1302-84f0.jpg

5c19e48c-134e-7da5.jpg

5c19e48c-1362-ab85.jpg

Ahh I was right on the ganoderma at least. Get a bit confused with australe and adspersum/applanatum.

My little canon takes macro shots so I'll get a better shot of the red blighters for you. I'll have myself a little fung hunt!

I believe your rubbing off on me a bit Tony!

"I believe your rubbing off on me a bit Tony!..."

Dear oh dear...:confused1: I had to have little sit down in a dark room to recover me wits when I read that....:001_tongue: Gotcha now! Nothing inauspicious or salacious intended. Phew! :001_smile:

I came across this which I wondered might be of interest. It has been about for a decade or more so may well not be new to many of you fungi students. We are seeing a fantastic display this year and some unexpected associations. I for one have pondered on this very theme as Im sure have some of you...

Climate change and the effects on Fungi.

Lonsdale_1994.pdf

"I believe your rubbing off on me a bit Tony!..."

Dear oh dear...:confused1: I had to have little sit down in a dark room to recover me wits when I read that....:001_tongue: Gotcha now! Nothing inauspicious or salacious intended. Phew! :001_smile:

I came across this which I wondered might be of interest. It has been about for a decade or more so may well not be new to many of you fungi students. We are seeing a fantastic display this year and some unexpected associations. I for one have pondered on this very theme as Im sure have some of you...

Climate change and the effects on Fungi.

Thanks tim, shall have a read after my diary post.:thumbup1:

I believe your rubbing off on me a bit Tony!

Strewth! its an arb forum, gotta word things more carefully Robin!:lol:

Seriously though, I am glad to hear it, there arent enough knowing eyes when it comes to fungi, new recruits are always welcome and everyone out there seeing photographing and mentaly taking notes is all good, the more the better.:thumbup1: