Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

aka Lepiota aspera.

whilst out and about today, I got to loooking for any Mycorr association with some of the larger torminalus.

There were a few bits and pieces about, boletes, mycena pura, & this, which I think could be Amanita echinocephala.

Though not confirmed.

These were all right on top the root plates, but I did hear today that S, torminalis has endo not ectophytic mycorr :confused1:

IMG_7232.jpg.e85dbdcbf0e09c540c63850e58af4221.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg.365866b11d61e9aa279e5cb5e5b09c2a.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg.cf3ff1e0b42fb9f77ce573c994a1996e.jpg

David if theres one thing we BOTH know its all that has been researched to date will in time be of as much use as a wet paper bag in a rain storm!

to say a tree ONLY has one form of Rhizo association is just plain daft in my view, especialy an old and long evolving in this climate native!