Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

[ATTACH]221295[/ATTACH][ATTACH]221296[/ATTACH][ATTACH]221297[/ATTACH]

What fungi is this? And what would you suggest as course of action?

Thanks

Not great detail in the image, but I would imagine this is Phellinus pomaceus/tuberculosus.

It is a white rot (relatively intense) but due to the size of its usual host (cherry plum) the trees can go on for years before failure occurs, particularly if the tree has good vitality.

One option would be to lessen the wind load on the canopy sail by small reduction.

Another option would be to fell and replace.

Talking about Fungi do any of you guys ever come across Chaga..? Mostly found in very cold habitats and grow predominantly on birches.

]

Occasionally come across Inonotus obliquus but oddly not on the trees on my site in north London which has thousands of birch trees.

Occasionally come across Inonotus obliquus but oddly not on the trees on my site in north London which has thousands of birch trees.

I would pay £20 a kilo if you can gather that much and send it to me...needs to be fresh...live stuff.

Edited by Stevie777

Any shots of the gills/pores?

If on oak it's likely to be Daedalea quercina, the oak mazegill.

Thanks David . Will go back and get some more pics . I appreciate your patience bud !