Hansa chippers

treedweller

Hey there,

Now you know how I feel about these little chippers so I'll tell you my experience.

10 odd years ago I thought that leaving the chip with the client was the way forward, you know persuading them to use it as mulch etc. To this end I bought a tracked TW with a 25hp engine, to get into back gardens.

What I found is that in reality the vast majority of clients want rid of the arisings no matter how much I gave them the blurb they would say "nah just take it away!"

I sold the TW (at a loss) and learned my lesson.

My advice (for the last time!) If you are going to spend around 10k on a chipper buy a tow behind with some poke ie 25plus hp.

Sorry for harping on:001_smile:

Got to agree with you. Managed to leave a lot of chip behind but in the end, my M500 just didn't handle the bigger stuff making productivity poor. Weak chip throw did my head in aswell - couldn't fill the chip box and it didn't pack it in hard either.

Hahaha calm down lol I'm done with little chippers!!! Making the best of what i've got for now then i will be going for TW150 or a quadchip. I was just throwing it out there for everyone else. It's rated at 5 1/2" and i was impressed with the way it chips. I wish id have picked one of these up as my first chipper instead of the bearshat!!

Edited by treedweller

Hahaha calm down lol I'm done with little chippers!!! Making the best of what i've got for now then i will be going [/b]for TW150 or a quadchip. I was just throwing it out there for everyone else. It's rated at 5 1/2" and i was impressed with the way it chips. I wish id have picked one of these up as my first chipper instead of the bearshat!!

Ha ha, my work here is done:thumbup:

Jerry (treepanda) has one. Not sure what model but think its a 6". Not seen it in action yet so I don't know what it's like. I'm sure he'll give a honest opinion, having own a few over the years!

FWIW in my opinion trying to persuade the client to do anything they don't want to is unprofessional. I always ask if they want the chip/logwood but never try to make them keep it.

Hansa chippers are really well made, I have a C40, 6x12" with a 40hp diesel. Best chipper I have ever used... beats greenmech, bearcat, etc hands down, would put it up against a Bandit 6" anyday (I used to have one) Obviously to take them to the UK makes them pretty dear, same as the guy selling Jensens here for $45,000

• 3 weeks later...

Yea the hansas are a well made chipper(ive been in the factory twice) and used a 3'',9'',and 12'' diesel and impressed with all especially that little self feed 3'' which we just lift on back of the truck even tho its a towable version.

The Jensen dealer over here is my boss.We have two tracked machines at the moment a 2004 530(just sold) and a new 540 such versatile machines :thumbup1:

check out alfacontracts.co.nz for pics of them in action and also vids on youtube