Learning to Climb

Ian

Find some rec climbs and tag along.

Gt some basic kit. A harness some rope, a climbing aid. Hitch climber works well. And a friction/ cambium saver. Then see if anyone is rec climbing near you.

May I ask why you would want to go through courses if your not interested in doing it for a job??

One of our friends who had climbed trees for funfor a few years did his NPTC 38/39 last year and got so much out of it, learnt loads of new stuff and now enjoys climbing even more! I'm sure he would recommend doing some proper training.

One of our friends who had climbed trees for funfor a few years did his NPTC 38/39 last year and got so much out of it, learnt loads of new stuff and now enjoys climbing even more! I'm sure he would recommend doing some proper training.

But he still climbed for fun before doing the course. It's a lot of money if you find it's either not for you or you just don't like it......

Im the same I'm not in the industry and have no intention of getting into it, but love tree climbing, I climbed for fun for 3 years but was never overly confident until I did my 38 I didn't learn much from the coarse but it did confirm I was doing things safely, I would also advise to meet up with like minded folk to help with gear tips and tricks