What do you all think of a hycrack log splitter

mendiplogs

Hi Jon,

I've made my own version of the hycrack splitter- same principle and I'm well pleased with it- makes the engine on my JD2850 grunt a bit when there's a tough bit, but have yet to find anything it won't deal with as long as you think how you get about splitting the awkward stuff. You're not too far away why not pop over and try it out, you'll get a fair idea then?

HI MATE were are you base too thanks jon :thumbup:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI DAVE you can fit new tips on i no there £70 plus just need too look out for metal in wood as it does the tips no good jon

yeah metal in the wood makes the tip melt & it takes a good 20-25 mins of file work to get the point back good & sharp!!!!

i melted mine week before xmas!!!!

HI DAVE is yours a hycrack or kidd major or other make thanks jon

its a hycrack!!

i also have a spurious one made from the kit off ebay which comes with the cone, bearings & drive shaft!

its not bad but not a patch on the hycrack!

i also have a harrows are us yellow 10 splitter off ebay for dealing with the bits not sutiable for the hycrack i.e really knotty bits with the hydraulic splitter i can nibble pieces off from round the knotts its just me being tight i`d rather use every last little piece rather than just toss the knotty pieces to the side of the yard!:001_cool:

its a hycrack!!

i also have a spurious one made from the kit off ebay which comes with the cone, bearings & drive shaft!

its not bad but not a patch on the hycrack!

i also have a harrows are us yellow 10 splitter off ebay for dealing with the bits not sutiable for the hycrack i.e really knotty bits with the hydraulic splitter i can nibble pieces off from round the knotts its just me being tight i`d rather use every last little piece rather than just toss the knotty pieces to the side of the yard!:001_cool:

What do you think of the 'Harrows are us' splitter Dave? I've been thinking of gettig one, they look quick