Stolen billhook

Crazy Cutter

I have had one of my billhook stolen from outside the back door. Left it in the kindling block which i wouldn't normally do! Doh!

Anyway can't find anything similar on ebay so would ask you guys to keep your eyes out so i can replace it. It was an elwell no.2 yorkshire hook and really was top. First choice of hook for hedgelaying and always in use for fencing, chopping etc. Really quite gutted.

Very annoying. I had mine nicked a few years back on the banks of the Wyrley and Essington canal, when I put it down for a second whilst clearing the propeller of weeds. Mine was a Royal Ordnance stamped one for 1918 and I still haven't found a replacement.

Best place I've found to keep a lookout for buying a replacement is:

Billhooks - Green Tools

Alec

Thanks Alec i'll give it a go.

I got it off ebay bout 8 years ago and it was a cracker hardly been used, ground up well on the wheel and i gave it more use than it had had all its life but hey i was debating one of the morris ones but their last devon one still sits in the shed because imo the handles are for girls and look and feel as though they are made by a midget not what they used to supply. I have a devon by them 18 years old going well and a proper handle on it, nose bit worn now as use it to rake out ivy and kelter when hedgelaying or coppicing.

:thumbup:

you say its a Yorkshire is this the double edge one curved one side flat the other

axes of battle will be able to help if its a Yorkshire. if its a normal bill Woking old tools does a good range of restored bills and look like new. just tried one i got before Christmas and it cuts well.

you will be looking to pay £120 plus for a good yorkshire normal bill from woking £30 upwards. if you still struggle to find one pm me and will see what i can sort out

you say its a Yorkshire is this the double edge one curved one side flat the other

axes of battle will be able to help if its a Yorkshire. if its a normal bill Woking old tools does a good range of restored bills and look like new. just tried one i got before Christmas and it cuts well.

you will be looking to pay £120 plus for a good yorkshire normal bill from woking £30 upwards. if you still struggle to find one pm me and will see what i can sort out

Double edge curved for dirty work and flat for shaving only and always wrapped in cloth:001_smile:

Double edge curved for dirty work and flat for shaving only and always wrapped in cloth:001_smile:

just had a look old tools have a yorkshire for sale £35 which for a yorkshire is cheap. tried to find the guy i bough the yorkshire from but can not find his number if still looking will give a guy in south of england a call and get his number