Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

Ok, first thing tomorrow ring round all the tree firms in your local directory and ask if they have any work available, offer to work for free to get your foot in the door. See what happens. If you can get a day for just 1 firm it could lead to more. It's worth a shot surely.

Excellent advice!

Also when you call,you are selling yourself,so write up exactly what you want to tell the prospective employer.Have someone you trust proof read it and then practice reading out ,untill you are comfortable and sound comfortable with every word.

All the best mate.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 33 so most charity group won't help as out side of the age range and as for you saying don't be a talker be a do'er i have been trying to do thing's all my life but something all ways stops me.

And it is not me.

If someone takes the time to respond with a helpful suggestion be grateful and positive in response. You never know how they could help in the future and it's also professional.

You can do it. The info is out there on every aspect of Arb work and guys on here are very helpful. Ask where you could be going wrong the next time someone says yr not right for a position to develop yourself.

Best of luck, Al

Well what i feel as my good points are i am hard working a keen learner start in the morning (7.30 to 8) every morning take a pride in my gear and in me and i don't give up that easy may seem like it but i take a step back and go on again.

What else can i say just if i could find some work i could take pics and make video and post on here to show every one that i am capable of doing the work.

This is much better :thumbup1: you've got to sell yourself with comments like these - nice one. Aim to get one day in with a company working for free and agree to take some pics and put them on here. That is a good start because everyone will put positive comments on them on here as they are awesome :001_smile:

Theres plenty of work out there if you do the leg work to find it. There are countless threads on here about guys in similar situations as yourself and they have all been given the same advice, Get yourself known to local firms and be honest in your abilities.

Its easy to sit at home and blame the world for not having a chance at something but if you dont put the effort in to make it work then what do you expect.

I hate sitting around doing nothing i like doing something but sometimes you have to sit at home to make calls and fill in forms.

if i had my way i would not be on here but in a wood working but with out sitting here to make calls i will not be able to go forward only backward.

And there is something the other guy's have probably got that i haven't and that is their own transport i know the work is out there it is just getting it and to it.

I feel its easy for people who have the work to say its easy to find but when you are trying to get off the ground and into the trade it takes time.

I know a guy who has a bike to get to his job, so does silky on here. It seems your on a bit of a downer which I can understand but think positive, get on the phone first thing, offer to work for free to get your foot in the door. That's what a lad did with me and he proved to be a good lad, I bought him driving lessons!! You never know, you just have to be positive in your thinking. Help your self and write down a plan of action.

1. Ring every tree firm in your area!!

2. Sell yourself over the phone.

3. Offer to do a day for free to prove you are worthy.

4. Think positive!!