Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

Thank you, The way thing's are going i will have to go to the job centre and sign on they might know if some one will help it's worth a try any way i don't like the thought but i have no chose at the moment.

Job Center may well pay for you to get your driving license, have you looked into that? I know they will pay out for training as two of the guys I was college with had their course fees paid by the Job Center.

I believe though, you made need to of been unemployed for a while first before they will offer help but ask them anyway.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm hearing is negatives from you. You need to grow some confidence from within. Now I don't know you, and I don't know your history, but there must be some good points that make you attractive to employers. Show us these, and I'm sure you will be able to build on it.

Well what i feel as my good points are i am hard working a keen learner start in the morning (7.30 to 8) every morning take a pride in my gear and in me and i don't give up that easy may seem like it but i take a step back and go on again.

What else can i say just if i could find some work i could take pics and make video and post on here to show every one that i am capable of doing the work.

How old are you Chipper80? I ask as round here under 21 can get help with things that can get them a job, 2 lads that have worked for me had there NPTC tickets paid for by Age UK, you should try them. Round here we have Cumbria connections and they also pay for things if it can lead to employment. Ask about these things. If you really want something enough then you will find a way. Don't be a talker be a do'er:)

I am 33 so most charity group won't help as out side of the age range and as for you saying don't be a talker be a do'er i have been trying to do thing's all my life but something all ways stops me.

And it is not me.

Ok, first thing tomorrow ring round all the tree firms in your local directory and ask if they have any work available, offer to work for free to get your foot in the door. See what happens. If you can get a day for just 1 firm it could lead to more. It's worth a shot surely.

Why are you looking to work for someone else? I think IIRC that you are not a young un, but mature? Why not source work that you know you can do in your area. Ok it may not be all tree felling, or climbing work, but even if its raking leaves or mulching borders, it's all work. A good friend of mine is a jobbing gardener, he has been since he left school and he just turned 60. I turned up at a job not long before Xmas and went to his shed at the property for a brew. He literally burst into tears, he had just lost his driving licence due to glaucoma. He didn't know how he could get to work, how he would keep his clients. He was miserable. With a couple of calls to CAB and the local Job Centre + I had him sorted with a taxi to and from his sites, he has to pay some and the government pick up the rest of the tab. There are ways around everything, never say never.

Xmas period is always tough for everyone, many shut down for a fortnight, winding down prior to this. Many properties are flooded out this year, they aren't going to be too worried about their treesa and hedges when they are sorting that out.

Nice positive story :001_smile: that's a really cool thing to do for a mate Andy.

You just have to take the hits in life and diversify or get washed up. People also remember and want to work with positive people who do their best all the time in whatever industry/trade. Good luck everyone for 2013 :001_smile:

Chainsaw nptc cs30 and cs31, all these tickets are atb landbased tree pruning from hydraulic platform, mobile elevating work platform, manual lifting -safe lifting, brushcutters/trimmers, fastco 12.2 risk assessment (forestry)

tree identification.

I a way you could be right acg128 and its me as i have not got licence it could be the goverment for screwing the country up even more could be a number of things all i ask for is a break and a chance.