Meerkats are popular !!!

FriarsGorse

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not perfect the shoulders should protrude a bit more. I did my 1st carving about 2 months ago the Meercat was my 4th carving the other 3 being owls. Chainsawed away the majority then angle grinder with flap disk in and a drop of chisel etc to get the finished cat.

More to come :thumbup:

If that's only your fourth carving ever,

:blushing: my bad, just remembered I carved about 4-5 small wood spirits on 2 1/2" posts before the owls so about 9th thing I did.

My 1st (on the right) and 2nd carvings. I had a 1/2" chisel and Stanley knife and a knackered high speed small drill like a Dremel but only 3% of it's power :laugh1:

597664d4115c7_1stand2ndcarvings.JPG.bcd9367ac29a86d07afe02f4a0d70380.JPG

Thought I'd have a go at one of these today, didn't do too bad I don't think (still needs ears), considering I've only done 2 mushrooms and a stool before I tried this, did take me 3-3.5hrs though haha, oh well, I can only get faster :)

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369690131.157551.jpg.e0f07c1a5493dc324e1b413268dc9753.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369690116.069335.jpg.13c829a2387af7cfb9900e65217dbc16.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369690091.054294.jpg.2b8eb981ef1bc5adef5b8f30a83e0292.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369690067.708468.jpg.f91a1caa394adb372757fd8545f6b6b9.jpg

Haha cheers mike but not sure I'm at the teaching stage yet, just a bit of something to do on a weekend when I'm not working. Alls pretty good at the moment fella, how's things with you?

I can imagine, bet you can't wait to get back home to the family. I certainly am fella, off with the mrs and a couple of others I think, what day you heading down?