Land rover 110 warp hand brake drum

mendiplogs

Its usually a build up of dust drying out any lube in the linkage as jons is a 300 tdi it maybe the cable fraying either end as the cable goes from lever to drum on theses and Td5s always worth stripping the drum off and strip down the adjusters and mech good lube with some grease or copper slip !

used to see this all the time when looking after a fleet of LR products used on wet chalky areas !

The X brake is good but not cheep ! a properly maintained and adjusted drum brake works fine :)

Jon might be worth checking your rear calipers are not binding ? or a tight uj

HI MATE i have new rear callipers so there ok we will look at UJ thanks jon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drum on my 110 is slightly warped and worn. Someone prob used it as a main break at some point!! Get yours skimmed if you can as is costly for new drum. I have had to shorten my handbrake cable with spacers to get any adjustment out of it and had to put spacers under the break shoe seats just so it allows me enough adjustment for the shoes to touch the inside of the drum :-/

drum on my 110 is slightly warped and worn. Someone prob used it as a main break at some point!! Get yours skimmed if you can as is costly for new drum. I have had to shorten my handbrake cable with spacers to get any adjustment out of it and had to put spacers under the break shoe seats just so it allows me enough adjustment for the shoes to touch the inside of the drum :-/

HI MATE how did it get like that with heat or did it get hit hard thanks jon :thumbup:

not sure what is up with it really and local land rover garage dont know either. Full adjustment with cable and bottom screw I was getting no handbrake. Had to put all the spacers in so the new pads hit the drum. maybe its off another model/different year?