Hit the honey pot today!

Ty Korrigan

South of Rennes in an architects garden a rotten cherry collapsed at the butt and got hung up in an oak.

My climber secured the tree, removed the crown and was levering it clear for a controled descent using a pulley and capstan when it just fell apart in mid descent exposing a decent sized bees nest full of liquid gold!

I've never seen any-one exit a tree so fast...hhhh!

So abandoning the site for a while to let the bees calm down we called a friend to come and collect them as bees are increasingly valuable these days.

I'll get a pot or 2 out of this, tasted extrordinary fresh from the hive.

Before any-one notices the lack of helmets it is because the bees kept attacking them and getting underneath.

I cut through the piece being lowered so the beekeeper could access further into the hive and got well splattered in honey which further attracted more bees.

Got 90% of the job done despite the delay!

Ty

DSC00765.jpg.a6d6793981ae958ffc685efb13e68a26.jpg

DSC00757.jpg.fc48b8ef1ba7ab8b64cf7fcf78daca77.jpg

DSC00748.jpg.1f16bd9d507bfc818f2f5f2bf4fdde2c.jpg

DSC00746.jpg.ff6976c2817e1e5fcfa5a8bf920b5d39.jpg

DSC00740.jpg.75be9f2661da79124f8d644066e8c7ac.jpg

DSC00741.jpg.36724accecf13a25a62aeec72f4cca8e.jpg

Just had the Bee man call me, he is very pleased.

They are settling into their new hive and will slowly re-organise and rebuild the combs over the winter.

Picked up the rest of the wood today and the smell of honey was deep and rich still on the hollow logs. I've kept some for planters in my herbaceous garden.

Ty