Custom Climbing Set-Ups / Tweaks

Trees-

Please oldmill, don't turn this Into a silly drt v srt debate. That's getting really old now..

Don't mean to offend you but a it's not what the guy asked b there's just no need. Sorry bro

Well said that man, the whole Ddrt vs Srt argument is boring, Add-in a Prussic on the l splice side of your line is good for rescues and the v and m rig can get you out of tight spots

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Well said that man, the whole Ddrt vs Srt argument is boring, Add-in a Prussic on the l splice side of your line is good for rescues and the v and m rig can get you out of tight spots

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Christ sake Ewan, it was a joke! There is no DRT v SRT argument as far as I'm concerned.

One style suits one person more than the other. Each to there own.

Can I be let off now please😢

• Like 1

Hey bro, to tweak your setup download "the hitchclimbers guide to the canopy". Heaps of good tips n tricks in that document.

Yeh,just read that.pretty cool book of tricks in there.cant think of many climbing tweaks that won't already be on here apart from a crab on my leg loops when spiking,just keeps the life line away from the spike and doesn't get tangled so easy.

Jake:thumbup1:

I put mine up through a caritool. Dont like having a biner on my leg loop. The caritools get clipped on branches enough as it is, cant handle anymore snags!! :o

That's fair enough but I never use spikes without my sj so having the line through the caritool would put a real awkward angle to slacken off the sj.

Jake:thumbup1:

There are more ways to run through the canopy besides SRT.....

So damn foolish to think only about SRT while most SRT climbers have a tendency to convert SRT while climbing back on a limbwalk into DDRT and think they discovered a whole new technique.......

Just use both depending on the job you are confronted with and let it all be done with this eternal argue about whats the best method, lets argue about what's the most efficient and safe way to work the trees we have to take care of and respect each others climbing style.

Only my 2 cents

• Like 1