Negri 225 tracked

treedweller

I'm officially in love!!! Does this still count as a wee/micro chipper?? It's brilliant. I once saw a timberwolf 18/100g mounted on a tracked barrow and thought what a good idea and now i've found a factory built one.

Anyone have any experience with this brand at all.

Negri, il marchio verde - Biotrituratori - R225 - R225BHHP13C

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mate with one here in Brittany although his is the road tow version.

Duncan loves it although I think it an outrageous price!

It has a combination of hammers and 2 knives and the chip it produces is small and square, good looking stuff.

However, he is a bit quiet about the output and I have never seen it working.

13hp powering a roller as well as hammers and knives...hmmm:confused1:

Apparantly Negri where the 'reference' in chipping technology at one time.

For the money, I'd still go for an 18hp CS100, 18/100 or Jo Beau.

Over here that wee Negri chipper as a road tow sells for almost 10k euros alone!

I bet PeteB knows all about them though.

Regards

Ty

Wow now that's not cheap!! The tracked version must be around the 10k mark. Which would put it on par with a jb M500. Feed roller wont sap too much power i wouldn't of thought but stress control we make all the difference. I have a 10/20 bearcat chipper shredder and that has 36 hammers and is powered by a 20hp kohler command. We put brash through the shredder upto 1.5" and it dosn't even labour. It's the chipper part that lets it down with it being a disk rather than drum. Blades need to be kept brand new to get the self feed effect. I'm going to be selling it after xmas in favour of a drum type wee chipper. Would like a 2nd hand M400 jb but may consider a GTM 1300 with the view to replacing the engine for something like a 20hp command in the future. Also the GTM1300 looks like it would mount onto a tracked barrow quite easily. Home built micro tracked chipper anyone. :)

Having said that they all come with honda engine options which are arguably the best static petrol engines you can get!! The thing about honda engines is when they go you know you will get a new one no problem. I could walk out my front door and find a dealer that will either replace or supply service parts within 5 miles. Finding a agent for Kohler parts isn't so easy at all. My friend had to travel 200 miles for a replacment 25hp command engine for his stump grinder!!

Having said that they all come with honda engine options which are arguably the best static petrol engines you can get!! The thing about honda engines is when they go you know you will get a new one no problem. I could walk out my front door and find a dealer that will either replace or supply service parts within 5 miles. Finding a agent for Kohler parts isn't so easy at all. My friend had to travel 200 miles for a replacment 25hp command engine for his stump grinder!!

In 20 years I've never had a Honda engine 'go' on me. The things they fit them to- well they 'go' all the time.

Now they are awesome! Finally someone has made some small chippers with in feed rollers on road and tracked formats. Greenmech and Timberwolf take note i say :thumbup1:

R225_photo.png

Anyway while looking at the site ive found there are in face three models of the tracked R225, two with honda engines and one with a subaru engine.

The 13HP Honda model you guys have looked at :

Negri, il marchio verde - Biotrituratori - R225 - R225BHHP13C

Then there is the 14HP Subaru model:

Negri, il marchio verde - Biotrituratori - R225 - R225BRHP14C

And finally a slightly more powerful and better spec'd Honda 15HP model:

Negri, il marchio verde - Biotrituratori - R225 - R225BHHP15C

Id favour the bigger 15HP lump as the spec (google it) is far higher and with the addition of the no stress its more like it :thumbup:

Here is a pic of the combo drum, all looks very impressive

05.jpg

Get on these Jonesie, i wanna demo :biggrin::thumbup:

Shteks wee green brother might just lose his crown of king of the wee chippers lol

If you look at the 240 the model up they do a tracked version wich has a lot bigger hopper and feed roller which stress controland it stick weighs in under 500kg and is a meter wide. But the question is are these machines still classed as a micro chipper?