a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

Here’s what I really think.

We all put our arses in a sling every day…. Literally.

Anyone stupid enough to try to learn to do this, safely, off the internet…deserves to be eliminated from the gene pool.

Therefore any video using different or controversial techniques is to be welcomed by the intelligent thinker.... heaven help the ignorant and lazy who refuse to serve their time in the job.

You make your own decisions. The concept…often posted…that everything should be suitable for a beginner…or a child sat on your lap….is frankly ridiculous.

when it comes to posting a video demonstrating a technique on a forum such as AT that has a large number of beginners and college students then i would go so far as to say it is ridiculous to not state just how much of a calculated risk it is. And further more to promote the use of appropriate and approved systems of work in line with industry guidelines is what makes the genuine tradesmen of this country stand out from the others ! .

We all work in ways that are not approved and often would be deemed as not safe - For instance using a top handled saw with one hand - its not approved and is regularly commented about ! How many of us are going to justify it in the manner the dadio has shown with this thread and many others of his ??

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

when it comes to posting a video demonstrating a technique on a forum such as AT that has a large number of beginners and college students then i would go so far as to say it is ridiculous to not state just how much of a calculated risk it is. And further more to promote the use of appropriate and approved systems of work in line with industry guidelines is what makes the genuine tradesmen of this country stand out from the others ! .

We all work in ways that are not approved and often would be deemed as not safe - For instance using a top handled saw with one hand - its not approved and is regularly commented about ! How many of us are going to justify it in the manner the dadio has shown with this thread and many others of his ??

This is just what I'm saying and have thought for years, but maybe not said it till now.

Doesn't matter that there's a large number of students on AT.

Just don't learn treework off the internet...fullstop.

This is another debate and one that I'd be happy to partake in....but the argument that Dadio is dangerous to beginners is ludicrous.

The beginner needs to get his/her hands dirty under ...hopefully... good supervision.

The lack of such beginner positions is a far greater danger to the young'uns than any vid on t'internet. .....Or should be recognised as such.

Edited by Albedo
spelling

Don't think anyones said 2+2 doesn't equal 4. Mostly I think we're saying its safer to do 1+1+1+1=4. As far as the arrogance thing goes, I don't think I'm any less arrogant in my assertion that my way is better! There should be a certain amount of horses for courses in this, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless I was confident of their abilities and knowledge of how trees and saws react.

This is just what I'm saying and have thought for years, but maybe not said it till now.

Doesn't matter that there's a large number of students on AT.

Just don't learn treework off the internet...fullstop.

This is another debate and one that I'd be happy to partake in....but the argument that Dadio is dangerous to beginners is ludicrous.

The beginner needs to get his/her hands dirty under ...hopefully... good supervision.

The lack of such beginner positions is a far greater danger to the young'uns than any vid on t'internet. .....Or should be recognised as such.

so it's ok to have a look and if you think you can do it then give it a go ? . The fact that dadio gives clearly states that he knows exactly where the tree will go , what will happen and has been so bold as to say that its safe and then goes on to give the impression that he feel his way is safer than the standard method ? . what also concerns me is that he will not explain what to do if you do trap your saw !! surely this is something that should be explained if you intend to put your own methods out there ? or could that also be classed as learning tree work off of the internet ?

so it's ok to have a look and if you think you can do it then give it a go ? . The fact that dadio gives clearly states that he knows exactly where the tree will go , what will happen and has been so bold as to say that its safe and then goes on to give the impression that he feel his way is safer than the standard method ? . what also concerns me is that he will not explain what to do if you do trap your saw !! surely this is something that should be explained if you intend to put your own methods out there ? or could that also be classed as learning tree work off of the internet ?

Then give it a go if you got the Kahunas...afterall you saw it on the internet so it must be ok.

Personally I'd rather stick my nuts in a vice than spear cut anything so big as that:001_smile:

i think i will be sticking to the good old prudish but British slow and costly gets you home every day method . lol . As for spear cutting when in a tree now that's different haha !!! lmao

I've done that...it's amazing how much bigger those bits are when they hit you on the head...just too lazy or scared to go higher:001_smile:

That would be a good vid for the beginners:thumbup1: