Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

The sentiment was always going to burst a few blood vessels, on delicate subjects and more care is required, but we have said our bit, I just hope there will be some sort of fund for her family to which I will be contributing or do we start a small one arbtalkers.

Sorry if that's not allowed, just a thought.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree one iota with you. There is clear mischief in the actions of the DJs whilst the Arborist is behaving in full accordance with all guidelines and legislation relevant to his work. As I said, the best place for this to be tried is in the courts of the 2 DJs' consciences.

Everyone is blaming the dj's, but they don't write the scripts, or put together the content. Be like blaming a newsreader for getting the news wrong?

They were just doing their job. The fact that it was mischievous, or that we didn't find it funny is irrelevant, what they did wasn't illegal was it?

It may be against their local broadcast guidelines but is that the same thing?

Everyone is blaming the dj's, but they don't write the scripts, or put together the content. Be like blaming a newsreader for getting the news wrong?

They were just doing their job. The fact that it was mischievous, or that we didn't find it funny is irrelevant, what they did wasn't illegal was it?

It may be against their local broadcast guidelines but is that the same thing?

Don't confuse the legal meaning of mischief with its more everyday definition.

I think your 'just doing their job' argument has been used unsuccessfully in many trials over the years. If you do something that you should know is wrong then it is no defence that you were 'acting under orders'. In our business, guidelines can be just as binding as Statute and, when things go wrong, you can be in as much trouble for ignoring either. I imagine it to be the same in many others.

I'm not going to spend any more time going round in circles with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. I suspect neither of us will alter the other's.

I'm entirely open to correction on the legal side, a man has to know when he can learn from someone and you have a far deeper understanding of law than I can hope to have, hence the question marks in the previous post.

There are several strands to the legal debate here so far as I can make out....

1. Are the dj's legally responsible for the nurse's death? I think no.

2. Was their impersonation of someone else to acquire private medical information illegal? I think probably yes.

3. Had the nurse not died, would the case be serious enough to take action over question 2? I reckon probably not.

Or am I way off the mark? :001_smile:

A few people seem to be implying that the DJ's should have thought that this outcome was a possibility???

If they had, they would not have made the call however immature they are.

I very much doubt they got out of bed thinking they were going to harm anyone that day.

Just a tragic coincidence as far as I am concerned.

On another note Brick100 your comment "yet two convict related wasters" shows plain ignorance and completely undermines your credibility. I suggest you read up a bit on British history before throwing such comments about!!

But what if was your mother / wife !.

If it was my wife I'd be angry at myself for not noticing she needed help, angry at her for not asking for it and devastated for my kids.

I think I'd be more wrapped up in mourning and wanting to be left in peace with my family than trying to find someone to blame.

But it's easy to say from the comfort of my home with my wife trumping on the sofa next to me.....:001_smile:

If it was my wife I'd be angry at myself for not noticing she needed help, angry at her for not asking for it and devastated for my kids.

I think I'd be more wrapped up in mourning and wanting to be left in peace with my family than trying to find someone to blame.

But it's easy to say from the comfort of my home with my wife trumping on the sofa next to me.....:001_smile:

Thought it was just my missis...:lol: