Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare the two situations. The scenario you present shows the tree worker to be doing his job in the prescribed manner whereas the case of the DJs shows clear mischief in legal terms in their actions. There is a precedent in Tort concerning physical injury that 'You take your victim as you find them' ( Smith v Leech Brain ), otherwise known as the 'Eggshell Skull' Rule. This means that if you injured somebody by your negligent actions and the severity of that injury was aggravated by an underlying physical condition unknown to you, you are still liable for the full degree of damage above and beyond that which would have been incurred by a 'normal' member of the public. I suspect that proving causation in this instance would be problematic but, if they have a shred of humanity, the two DJ's should always be wondering if it they were the cause of this unfortunate woman's death.

I reckon they're actually very similar scenarios Felix.

Bear in mind that the content of radio shows is controlled by the producers.

So, drawing parallels, the producers are the council, requesting the work, the dj's are the tree surgeons, doing their job to best of their ability, whether it is to everyone's taste or not, the rest is obvious.

It's difficult to be objective in situations like this, but that is what the courts will have to be if it gets that far.

So going back to the original question. :001_rolleyes:

The police would only be interested in the impersonation bit.ompersonating the royal family is very much in the same league as impersonating a copper or someone else in power.

For the record I have no love or care for the royal family. I'm not interested in what they do or don't do for the country.

There is a simple fact for this story and that is a couple of djs made a prank call and got more than they bargained for.

Under some circumstances a nurse has died be it suicide by being traumatised by this or some other circumstance. We will probably never know unless someone tells the media.

Do the police need to get involved yes I feel they do but not to chase the djs over the call but if there actions where linked to the nurses death.

There is more to life than getting into this kind of discussion on a forum. If its tress or tree related crack then fine but this is going beyond that and really unless it has effected you then you would not have a clue. If it has affected you then you will know what I'm on about. Merry Christmas!

I frankly found the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand prank much more offensive and disgusting . No-one could foresee the outcome of these so called ' jokes ' . One being a foulmouthed gobshite getting a multi million pound tv show and the others probably will be out the industry for good .

Totally agree, plus IMO that was not even funny.

I reckon they're actually very similar scenarios Felix.

Bear in mind that the content of radio shows is controlled by the producers.

So, drawing parallels, the producers are the council, requesting the work, the dj's are the tree surgeons, doing their job to best of their ability, whether it is to everyone's taste or not, the rest is obvious.

It's difficult to be objective in situations like this, but that is what the courts will have to be if it gets that far.

I do not agree one iota with you. There is clear mischief in the actions of the DJs whilst the Arborist is behaving in full accordance with all guidelines and legislation relevant to his work. As I said, the best place for this to be tried is in the courts of the 2 DJs' consciences.

I detest prank calls, if i hear them on the radio i switch off and never go back to that station. The person making the call has no idea or history of the person they are calling. How do they know if the person they are calling has a delicate medical problem, or mental problem, they dont and they dont care either.

I'm sorry but if someone prank called me from a radio station or even in general, i'd want to make sure they knew how it felt.

The police, the banks etc are always telling people to be aware of bogus callers, what about the elderly, the vunerable etc.