I know its not professional but........

DN22 Gardening

A guy asked me for a price recently for moving some rubbish. I had a look and said I would let him know later on that day but he told me he would give me £40!! I told him that he could give me what he liked but wouldn't get much done for that!! Guess what I haven't heard since I gave him a revised price.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just fancy a quick rant.

Got a call yesterday from a chap who's had a house built near to Lincoln,

"Hi, you've been recommend to me, can you come give me a price to landscape a house for me, its at (insert village name) (about 30 mins from me).

"No problem" says i "I'm off to lincoln delivering logs on Sunday morning, i can meet you then"

"Thats great, only we don't get up too early on a Sunday, can you make it 11 o'clock"

10:45 i pull up to the house (i like to be early) and waited.....and waited

at 11:20 I text the guy asking how far away he was, his reply

Sorry, we're running late, i'll be 20 mins tops

at 11:45 i rang the guy, "just got in the car, be 10 mins" :sneaky2::sneaky2:

at 12:00 i rang him again " and his reply ???

"You really ought to have more patience " :banghead:

Bugger me, i was fuming

I explained to said chap that i had 4 more deliveries to do today, and as a result i had to go, we'd have to reschedule the meeting for another day.

He was moaning then that he'd made a special journey !!!!!!! and as he was now only five mins away i could wait for him

His tone, and attitude totally p^^sed me off.

What made it even worse was when he said "look, if you want the work, you'll wait till i get there, if you don't, go....."

"Bye Bye " was all i could manage before i hung up.

Prats like this make being self employed hard work.

i know its not good customer service, but do i REALLY need customers like this ????

He's tried ringing me, but TBH, if i speak to him at the minute i'll say more than i should

You shoudl have called him, and told him to call you when he gets there and that you would get the in no time.

Then give him the "Im 15 minutes away bit" for as long as you manage. Payback