loading a chipper

Charleton Chips

Thats a tidy setup you have there Eddie! I was looking at an 8 tonne excavator but went for a 6 tonner mainly due to price and it could fit onto my multi purpose trailer. Who sells those grabs looks neat... Guessing the wide tracks are alot more stable and good in wet areas! 13 tonne machine be too big in woodlands where as 8 tonne machine more nimble...

Here's mine Doosan DX60R With JPM multi purpose trailer bought from Jack @ Mason Bros.

[ATTACH]107202[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]107203[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]107204[/ATTACH]

Hi, what model is that grab and rotator please? Looking at Uniforest and Kesla so far... cheers :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
James and Josy, many thanks for your kind comments and the Kubota's are very high spec machines.

James your own is a very tidy setup and in reality you chose wisely with the 6 tonner, which are packing some serious punch these days whilst being really easy to transport plus very frugal to run.

The Grab is part of the Engcon Tiltrotator systems that both machines are equipped with, and these really do take things to another level.

Having the grab solid mounted and being able to both Tilt and Rotate allows for angles never previously possible and fantastic control.

We do a lot of wetland clearance, and the system can take really high sustained loadings whist removing roots etc with no issues.

The wide pads are obviously for our intended applications, but they never really cause hassles in any applications always minimising surface damage plus giving brilliant stability.

There's an early video of the 8 tonner with the Engcon and Grab in action here, it's only done by a cable tie and the Blackberry but you'll get the idea of the control available.

It makes chipper loading easy for me and I like to see what's going into the chipper.

I've got to say I'm really getting into this roof mount idea and the 'Jake' mounting system.

I've not yet seen a Botex mounted on a Jake?

Can it be done or has it been done?

Those Heizohack certainly look the way forward for me, but the Kesla that was pictured on another thread has a lovely twin axle setup on the rear that looked big enough to carry a 3 tonne machine along to site in one go?

Eddie.

Hi you are a good operator on that head my mate has a 13 tonner with that head on they have a 9 inch pipe grab on them!they do take some mastering you have a very good set up