CSCS cards.

Mesterh

Might be me being a bit thick here but whats the answer? Do we need one to do site clearance(if it starts again) or do arb work on building sites or not. also on the cscs site i put tree surgeon in the serch bar and it says i need a white card, what ever that is. Also how long does the card last? HELP..............AM GOING MAD:scared1:

I work for Keepmoat homes (formally Haslam homes) if you do not have the CSCS card you are not allowed on site whatever your trade,I have just renewed mine and have the latest revision materiel and mock test dvd if anyone wants it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be me being a bit thick here but whats the answer? Do we need one to do site clearance(if it starts again) or do arb work on building sites or not. also on the cscs site i put tree surgeon in the serch bar and it says i need a white card, what ever that is. Also how long does the card last? HELP..............AM GOING MAD:scared1:

The touch screen test is valid for two years,but if you send for the card it lasts for five years.

We went on a site yesterday which was a no-card, no access on site affair.

After sitting the induction, the first part of the video being no card and your off, we filled in some more paperwork and then were asked for cscs cards.

I said that we didn't have them, as we were arb/forestry and not construction and we had other competancy cards, and this had never been a problem with other construction companies.

We were going to be shown the door until I pointed out that the company we were working for had clarified this previously with the main contractors top brass and they were happy for us to proceed with our work, as tree surgeons were not under the construction umbrella.

This however hadn't filtered down to the assistant site manager with whom we were dealing.

After some debate and a couple of phone calls, he was satisfied and copied our nptc and lantra cards and was happy for us to start.

If I did many of these kind of sites, I would get a card for what it costs, as this rigmarole wasted 3/4 hour working time for two men.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing mine this Thursday, cost me 41 quid for the test and card, am sure it will save a lot of bother in the future, My bro is a director of a big firm in London and he says its going to get tighter with a strick no card no work no matter what you do policey!

Well, i did it, my god i thought the book was easy. I was in the test place all of 30 mins that includes all the formalities and doing the test! i was sat at the pc not quite 15 mins and it's so easy its all a bit of a joke really. An ave 10 year old would pass it no probs! Just another easy money spinner for the HSE. :sneaky2: At least i can get on sites now with out any agro.