loler

ajc

Harnesses come with a manufactorer recommended maximum lifespan. This can vary from model to model. 5 years is typical, however the Skylotec Kolibri for instance has a much longer limit, I think 9 years.

Regardless that however, the most important aspect of the loler inspection is the physical condition of the equipment being inspected. A rope stored properly and only used occasionally could still be in perfectly good condition after three years. A rope kept in a wet diesel soaked bag and only used occasionally may be condemned after 3 months.

The best looked after rope in the world could be condemned after one day if a strand or two is severed.

Putting artificial time spans on equipment is useless on its own, although knowing the date of first use is useful in determining how worn a piece of kit is, especially if it has been looked after well and shows little external signs of use.

You are. :001_tongue:

Thank god, I would hardly own anything!

I would have thought that 6 months for a krab would be way too short anyhow as long as it still has the right shape and the 3 way action is fine then it should pass. Hell I think I have krabs that are at least 10 years old knocking about somewhere :001_smile:

I dont remember anything about a lifespan when I bought my Treeflex, think I will have to have another look.

I was told by a well known guy (NPTC trainer and has something to do with the AA and other stuff) that they had done some breakage test on krabs and found that the old ones where often stronger than the new ones. He recommended that unless they have no damage or corrosion and the gate/3 way works fine then they are good to use no matter how old.