• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon there's a big queue for that old majestic beast Adam :lol::lol:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

What would the bats have to live in then Martyn:sneaky2: did you see the hanger across the field from where you boys were climbing Sunday ? The ash next to the assessment oaks?

Dave

What would the bats have to live in then Martyn:sneaky2: did you see the hanger across the field from where you boys were climbing Sunday ? The ash next to the assessment oaks?

Dave

Quite spectacular Dave... quickly assessed and saw the woodpecker holes below as well, wouldn't wanna climb the top... all in all you got a tricky job on with college resources..

Quite spectacular Dave... quickly assessed and saw the woodpecker holes below as well, wouldn't wanna climb the top... all in all you got a tricky job on with college resources..

I think it's time we planted the next generation ? as for the ash thought we might set fire to the base and hope for the best,lol:lol:

I think it's time we planted the next generation ? as for the ash thought we might set fire to the base and hope for the best,lol:lol:

Planting should be started immediately to be honest Dave its already way behind what you should have comming through for the future... you can't manage what you don't have.. the ash would make a nice bonfire.. but felling or MEWP to remove top and leave as standing dead.

Edited by MWArb

I feel for you as having Spent the last 8 years working in education having been on the tools etc its difficult ground between the "Theory" Men and the "Real world" Men but the whole point of an educational establishment is to teach the correct ways and to demonstrate best practice now that said we all know the short cuts and the time savers but most people properly educated in the above manner also have COMMON SENSE which is our own built in Risk Assesment and Health and Safety and EXPERIANCE these are difficult to teach and to a degree we learn these through our life and work.

Absolutly the right call to not allow it to be climbed unless its for reduction or felling even then a MEWP Training session maybe ?

The Duty of Care for learners and the chain of responsibility is huge in education and i for one wouldnt put my self in a posision that could cause come backs on me.

Those who you may work with who say otherwise cant entirely have grasped the Education system and the H&S and policys inplace to make the college work (not that i would aggree with some of it but everything has its place)

And knowing from experiences and having been involved with Incidents and accidents (not do do with my work but as a member of the department team) there is always someone looking to blame someone and parents and significant others will and do look to seek answers and compensation and this all leads back to someone !

ITs a night mare !

David

Can we have a bit of clarification please, I have a feeling later on this thread may have legs! is the question "would you (a climber) climb and work on this tree?" or "would you let other people ie students, climb the tree?"

my question relates to restricting anybody from climbing a tree in this condition. it's just as an instructor my main concern is towards the safety of my learners:thumbup: