looking for a large hp alpine, got a spare one?

treedave

Tom,

I've found that my iseki 40 hp has the grunt for a 4 ton skid winch but can't drag what it'll pull in. Found similar when I borrowed a 50 hp bcs machine. Even worse if there's an uphill involved (and there's a few round me!). The extra grunt will make putting a good turn on the back or a 4-6 ton forwarding trailer.

The "larger" machines come with better spec on diff locks, top speed, are still viable on a trailer behind the pick up, more weight to resist being pushed around by the load and I'd rather work a larger machine gently than thrash the canines off a smaller lighter built machine.

I see, just remember that when it comes to off road pulling HP doesn't really come into it, weight and traction are far more important, The biggest alpine won't pull as much as a larger heavier tractor with the same power, IE a 95hp valtra 6300 will out pull a 90 hp bcs simply because it is heavier. on the other hand on a bog with floatation tyres the lighter machine will be better...

I have been impressed with what my 50hp bcs will do but its nowhere near what the valtra can pull.

If one were to come up, I really quite fancy one of the 95hp Carraros. I can't remembr the model number off the top of my head but it had something like 16" ground clearance, big lift capacity and a 40k box on it. Was probably only similar size to our 40hp Kubota.

In 2wd on that ali roadway stuff they put down on showgrounds if it's wet it would drift off the throttle :lol:

Got to spend a bit of time using one a couple of APF's ago and reckon it would work really well with either winch or forwarding trailer. It's the £40K that put me off nd I've only ver seen one come up second hand.

If one were to come up, I really quite fancy one of the 95hp Carraros. I can't remembr the model number off the top of my head but it had something like 16" ground clearance, big lift capacity and a 40k box on it. Was probably only similar size to our 40hp Kubota.

In 2wd on that ali roadway stuff they put down on showgrounds if it's wet it would drift off the throttle :lol:

Got to spend a bit of time using one a couple of APF's ago and reckon it would work really well with either winch or forwarding trailer. It's the £40K that put me off nd I've only ver seen one come up second hand.

Now that's just making me cry!

Any thoughts on the big ferrari's?

Now that's just making me cry!

Any thoughts on the big ferrari's?

That big Carraro's actually owned by an Arbtalk member too.

From what I've expereinced of the ferrari/BCS/Pasquali, they seem pretty robust, well thought out and nicely finished.

On the whole, the bigger ones are easier to work on too as there's more roon to get at stuff - generally the smaller ones need kiddy sized hands to work on them. I remember fitting a starter motor to mine and very nearly getting quite angry with it.