Confidence is key!! Yet difficult to gather.

Coletti

I take it you are one of the guys in front of the old hall practicing rescues at the moment ? saw you climbing yesterday pm and was impressed on how confident you and your buddy both looked. youll have no problem passing your 38 with the skills you have plus Tonys pass rate is through the roof.

Further confidence will come as you learn by doing.

good look for your assessment

Dave (that bald guy who keeps bugging mr price)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct dave and thank you, those words alone are a confidence booster, felt much more comfortable with everything today and was able to actuall climb rather than just hug the stem and try hoist my self up haha, much easier :), also realising its not always the best thing to get up tight to a branch when your trying to throw your main line up to advance, the confidence I have gained in my equipment and my ability has enabled me to push back a bit and hold my self off the stem with my feet. Had loads of fun this afternoon trying to pick a tricky route for tom to come and rescue me from haha so been pushing to go where I didn't dare before. Tony is great, he's pushed me well past where my limits were bu iv gained so much confidence just by listening to him. Certainly looking forward to the rest of the week now :).

Correct dave and thank you, those words alone are a confidence booster, felt much more comfortable with everything today and was able to actuall climb rather than just hug the stem and try hoist my self up haha, much easier :), also realising its not always the best thing to get up tight to a branch when your trying to throw your main line up to advance, the confidence I have gained in my equipment and my ability has enabled me to push back a bit and hold my self off the stem with my feet. Had loads of fun this afternoon trying to pick a tricky route for tom to come and rescue me from haha so been pushing to go where I didn't dare before. Tony is great, he's pushed me well past where my limits were bu iv gained so much confidence just by listening to him. Certainly looking forward to the rest of the week now :).

Cheers fella, it's pole rescue tomorrow isn't it, that's always a great laugh, Enjoy :thumbup:

Dave

Just a quick update...day 5 of the training is now over and I have accomplished so much more than I thought I would, today I found my self around 85 foot up a tree and branch walking around 8 metres, so pleased with my self :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354300188.559375.jpg.b66d46753b610027af39447438456dd6.jpg

If you look closely you can see me at the top...what a view! Can see how it can be so addictive haha

Awesome bro!! :thumbup1:

As you've said just keep pushing yourself. One thing about our job is that you'll always be pushed past your comfort zone at times, its how you push through it that will make you a good climber :001_smile:. Wet/windy weather can suddenly turn easy climbs into comfort pushing climbs, but you'll learn to love the challenge :thumbup: