lagoon rd zipline

RC0

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Always Reg...great video and perfect Sunday morning viewing accompanied by a chilled soundtrack...like the descent to Hot drink and the fly on the wall conversation....brilliant...and the final felled trunk at Dark....Great view of the Lake/Coast in the distance.....were you using a 201?

sorry mate, missed that....201 yes, modified

Thanks.

I could have hit him easy with a log if Id wanted David, much closer than it looked.

Tree was probably between 14o -150ft, you never quite know. Looked nice and clean in the vid but I edited it that way. In reality, looking up from the ground in the wind, with lots big dead snags and stuff it had a bit of menace to it.

Dave, I'd blocked down several chunks between the last topping cut and descending down the tree (not in the vid), and always take off the wrench for that, but leave the karabiner tied on. I never really thread it through.

Thanks again

great vid Reg, always enjoy yours.

just curious as to why you take your wrench off to block down? i always thought it handy having it on so you could descent easily at any point. made that job look easy though!

Pat

great vid Reg, always enjoy yours.

just curious as to why you take your wrench off to block down? i always thought it handy having it on so you could descent easily at any point. made that job look easy though!

Pat

There was a lot of wet line hanging below me Pat, pulling on me. Having the wrench in there is not a big hassle, but not a help either, so I take it off. Thanks

mmm wet rope. i can imagine pulling the slings back up all the time must have been tedious. did you set the speed line high. or just move it up gradually and drop the branches onto it

I set it and the climb-line about 20 ft above each time, and worked my way up. If you set it too high then the groundworker has to flick it back to you each time, and since there was only two of us he had enough to deal with down there.