lagoon rd zipline

RC0

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always fun to watch you work, Reg.

At around 5 min in, as you are setting things up to descend, you remove the the quick pin from the RW for reattaching it to the line. Is that just a personal preference or is it to hard to squeeze the Imori past the quick pin even when it is in the recessed notch?

David

Thanks.

I could have hit him easy with a log if Id wanted David, much closer than it looked.

Tree was probably between 14o -150ft, you never quite know. Looked nice and clean in the vid but I edited it that way. In reality, looking up from the ground in the wind, with lots big dead snags and stuff it had a bit of menace to it.

Dave, I'd blocked down several chunks between the last topping cut and descending down the tree (not in the vid), and always take off the wrench for that, but leave the karabiner tied on. I never really thread it through.

Thanks again

...Dave, I'd blocked down several chunks between the last topping cut and descending down the tree (not in the vid), and always take off the wrench for that, but leave the karabiner tied on. I never really thread it through...Thanks again

Reg, I was not questioning why you removed the RW but instead why you took the pin all the way out in order to put it back on, as opposed to just leaving the pin in its opened position and slipping the rope through the gap.

Dave

Reg, I was not questioning why you removed the RW but instead why you took the pin all the way out in order to put it back on, as opposed to just leaving the pin in its opened position and slipping the rope through the gap.

Dave

Oh I see Dave. Yeah I can just about squeeze the imori out when its dry but it was still wet and my hands were numb at that moment.

Mark, I think she's still saving up to have it done....be in the new year probably.

Got it, thanks. I can normally role my Vortex into the open RW if I make sure that I have the pin catch fit into that clever little recess on the inside edge milled into it for that purpose. I rarely have to work with wet ropes, which is fine by me, because my hands go numb enough even when dry.

Dave