357xp misfiring

mdt

Evening chaps, I have a problem with my 357xp misfiring I swapped the spark plug still doin the same. Any ideas? Was blown off and cleaned not long since but has done some work since that. Any pointers much appreciated thanks.

sent from my office in the field via s3

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening chaps, I have a problem with my 357xp misfiring I swapped the spark plug still doin the same. Any ideas? Was blown off and cleaned not long since but has done some work since that. Any pointers much appreciated thanks.

If its a proper misfire, rather than loss of power, it sounds like ignition.

There are only 3 main components to the ignition system,

Plug (you have changed that)

Flywheel (could be loose, having sheared the key, thereby shifting the timing)

Ignition module (coil) These can break down internally, causing all sorts of strange issues until they fail completely.

Hope this helps to start with.

It seems to struggle to rev then all of a sudden it will go and be fine till I stop it then same all over again.

Ah, well that may be a little different then. It could possibly be a little weak on the L screw. Try giving it about 1/8 turn counter clockwise and see if that improves things, you can turn it back if not. No harm can come from this and it may aid diagnosis.

Yes, sounds fuel related. All 357s will bog a little when stone cold and started, this usually clears within seconds.

As Garden kit said, try a tweak of the L screw and see if it ,akes a difference.

It may be a bit of crap in the gauze filter, a bit of dirt in the diaphragm chamber or the rubber boots are prone to airleaks - all would cause this sort of issue.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.