Inauguration Speech

David Humphries

Call me naive, simple minded or just impressionable.

Whist watching this Mans moment in History, I can not help but sense the conviction in his voice.

Lets hope he delivers, and isn't just another bad actor wasting the oportunity.

Please keep all potential posts based on the intention of the thread (ie on The Man, and not on past and present politics) and lets not allow it to develope in the the way a recent thread transpired :sneaky2:

Edited by Monkey-D

He certainly turned a few stones over! Doesn't take many prisoners, I smiled when I heard that after meeting David Cameron he had described him as a 'lightweight', also heard today that he said something along the lines of "boys, pull your pants up".

He is an unusual confluence and hopefully will be able to connect across divides; it does seem remarkable how quickly a different perspective can be put on the world, I hope he, and his vision of moving towards global unity, and peace and justice for all, have stamina.

Only watched a small piece of this on the news tonight, cant help wondering if he is going to be big enough to shoulder all the promises, and the expectations of his people. Yes, he is riding high in the polls right now, but when emotions cool, will he still be the "man" of their dreams.

Turning the coin, I'd guess George Dubya must have been looking forward to this day for months ( probably 48 mnths :sneaky2:)

Conversley, if he'd been a man of conviction and hunger, as oposed to the son of a real statesman, who just happened to be in the wrong room at the wrong time, I'd also imagine that this day has the potential of being like the wost possible form of castration.

Going from holding the most powerful office in the world to Ex- President, during the time it takes your successor to give the inauguration.

What a limp, flacid, bummer of a day that could be :ohmy:

He's got a massive brain. That's a billion percent better than that other guy.

He's aiming high for sure, but that optimistic confidence is exactly what everyone wants to hear. His very obvious brilliance will more than likely take a kicking in the battles of office. I certainly hope he's got the stamina as he's one of our last hopes of turning this fudge hole of a world around. Anyone check out the whitehouse! It's got everything.

Call me naive, simple minded or just impressionable.

Whist watching this Mans moment in History, I can not help but sense the conviction in his voice.

totally agree. i got up at 5.30am to watch it and was blown away by his speech.

The day the election results came in I had an incredibly profound conversation with my 6yr old. In trying to convey the significance of what was occuring (ie, the first black American President) it dawned on me for the first time that, at 6yrs old, she had no comprehension of the relevance of skin colour. "What is black?" she asked me. No idea what-so-ever that she has white skin and the priviledges that go along with that, on the whole. I tried in vain to help her understand but she looked at me, puzzled.

This conversation stayed with me all day and it occurred to me that perhaps, we are at our most wise when we are children.

God bless all those who laid down their lives for a better future, whether they wanted to or not.