Transit or Sprinter?

treepanda

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 311 Tipper Double C... 2008 | Trade Me

or

Ford Transit Tipper W Cab 100 T350 2007 | Trade Me

I am going to have to buy a truck next year, we usually use little jap trucks here but the government tightened up import restrictions on used trucks and the prices have gone mental so will have to spend more than I thought.

I always thought with their little engines they wouldn't pull a boy scout off his sister but you fellas in the old country seem to do OK with them..

Thoughts?

Benz or iveco, if both available I would have the iveco, cheap parts easy to fix and service, strong motor, but as with all things has to have service history and buy as new as you can.

There is a iveco forum which has a couple of iveco mechanics on it that are a great help.

Good luck

Working it out, both are a bit of a fizzer, if I was to put 1.2m sides on the deck of the Transit, that would be near enough to 7m3 which is about 2.4 tonne... So it would be , if what I read on this forum is correct about 1800 kg overweight, or have i got it wrong?

That's basing a m3 of chip at 350 kg

Def no transit, worst cheap van ever made, totally no traction on wet surfaces, lots of noise and to less power to tow anything heavy.

Rusty like a steel bike in salt water.

Get a Iveco daily, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT or just the best there is a descent Landcruiser 100 ;-) forget about the last one, it's only for the real 4x4 enthousiasts like me.

Got to drive a Transit between my old landrover and new landcruiser and I was so happy to give that service car back after some months of troubled driving and getting stuck almost everywhere the tormac ended.

But just choose whatever meets your demands and fits your wallet and hope you are happy with it cause there are more reviews as cars and what one person hates the other loves, just like with arborist, you can not get them all agreed on the same issue ;-)

Good luck

Def no transit, worst cheap van ever made, totally no traction on wet surfaces, lots of noise and to less power to tow anything heavy.

Rusty like a steel bike in salt water.

Get a Iveco daily, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen LT or just the best there is a descent Landcruiser 100 ;-) forget about the last one, it's only for the real 4x4 enthousiasts like me.

Got to drive a Transit between my old landrover and new landcruiser and I was so happy to give that service car back after some months of troubled driving and getting stuck almost everywhere the tormac ended.

But just choose whatever meets your demands and fits your wallet and hope you are happy with it cause there are more reviews as cars and what one person hates the other loves, just like with arborist, you can not get them all agreed on the same issue ;-)

Good luck

I have to say that the Iveco Daily 2WD, does NOT go off road, unless its a hard surface. I have learnt a couple of times!!

I have to say that the Iveco Daily 2WD, does NOT go off road, unless its a hard surface. I have learnt a couple of times!!

Ok, a friend of me is very enthousiast about his Iveco 2 WD......

But a good point to mention, makes the choice easier for Treepanda I guess