Government funding madness!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Well, if at last that is the case, and you are finally going to move onto bigger, and better things, then good luck to you. I suspect though, sadly, we'll probably be still discussing this way way into the future, while someone else actually does that which you dream off so vividly.

I'll wish you all the best, and hope that you prove me wrong, you do after all deserve a break, and a real opportunity to use your enthusiasm and knowledge somewhere it will be recognised fully and that you receive the financial reward for your endeavours. :001_smile:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if at last that is the case, and you are finally going to move onto bigger, and better things, then good luck to you. I suspect though, sadly, we'll probably be still discussing this way way into the future, while someone else actually does that which you dream off so vividly.

I'll wish you all the best, and hope that you prove me wrong, you do after all deserve a break, and a real opportunity to use your enthusiasm and knowledge somewhere it will be recognised fully and that you receive the financial reward for your endeavours. :001_smile:

when i saw you had replied I thought I better not reply to this one or one of the crew will have a last word and close before I could reply!:001_rolleyes:

Andy, Trust me mate, ive no ill wills anywhere, there was a time i was a bit stressed that i was getting old and was nothing more than manual labour, that is no longer the case, it was a mental thing, the build up to 40.

Ive turned the corner, im 40 and over it and have the ear and support of ALL my peers, my dreams are as they was set out, and I am a very happy and content individual. I will always be around because there is so much to do, so much to say, and to effect. wether i am here or over there wont stop me helping others understand issues that I have the capacity to help with, thats in my nature, and Im deeply passionate about it so couldnt stop even if i wanted to.

people want to pay me for stuff I give for free and its hard for me to accept, i am used to having to produce an end product not give my opinions for a wage. It may seem strange but it seems strange and alien Taking money without having gotten a strain or dirty nails for it!

But im coming to terms with it, others have a higher opinion of my worth than I do and I wanted to be in the u.k in my homeland familiar ground, but its time to open my mind.

My visit to Romania really did help that proscess a lot, and theres a whole new world, culture and ecosystem to study photograph and share with the at crew and i need some new material!:thumbup1:

you wouldnt believe some of the offers ive had the last 2 years, its mental, I still worry that my rep is greater than my real worth! but thats my personal issue, thats my only real problem to deal with.

self belief, its a beeeearch:blushing:

"How much tax will the people in your average audience at the Opera pay?"

Less than their cleaner!

Utter cobblers!!:001_rolleyes:

They may pay a lower % than their cleaner, by incorporating, but in terms of real money they will pay far more than most.

This is the problem with so many in the country they believe the headlines they read without checking the back story.

How much VAT is their on a Range Rover Vogue :sneaky2:, a lot more than the the tax paid by your average cleaner, income tax is not the only tax.

The way many feel the need to find fault with those who succeed is really very sad :thumbdown: I know why people do it, its an excuse for their own lack of success, they tell themselves that these others are only doing so well because the cheat the system, "if they payed proper tax like me, they would not be doing so well!!"

But come on, if your paying £8K per year in tax and they are paying £50K, who's paying more tax??? OK £8K may be a 5th of your income and £50K may only be a 10th of their, but in real terms they are still putting more in the pot.

Utter cobblers!!:001_rolleyes:

They may pay a lower % than their cleaner, by incorporating, but in terms of real money they will pay far more than most.

This is the problem with so many in the country they believe the headlines they read without checking the back story.

How much VAT is their on a Range Rover Vogue :sneaky2:, a lot more than the the tax paid by your average cleaner, income tax is not the only tax.

The way many feel the need to find fault with those who succeed is really very sad :thumbdown: I know why people do it, its an excuse for their own lack of success, they tell themselves that these others are only doing so well because the cheat the system, "if they payed proper tax like me, they would not be doing so well!!"

But come on, if your paying £8K per year in tax and they are paying £50K, who's paying more tax??? OK £8K may be a 5th of your income and £50K may only be a 10th of their, but in real terms they are still putting more in the pot.

tax in the u.k should be more in line with European countries end of.

Tony, you are now realising what I'm sure we tried to tell you a while ago, but you (at that time) wouldn't accept that you could do it. If you want to do something, go ahead and do it, life's too short to wonder "what if" then you reach a time where you dream "if only I'd done this or that".

I'm now the stage, physically, where a lot of the work is too much for me at present, I've had to think on my feet, use my brain, and find a solution to my enforced situation. I could have thrown in the towel, got a cushy job somewhere, but I'm too damn stupid and stubborn. Because of this, I am actually earning more now than before, am more content in myself, and enjoying the kind of work more than ever before. It's just a case of finding and doing what you're looking for. So I do sincerely and honestly wish you all the best. Just grab that opportunity with both hands, and do it...now. :001_smile:

heres an eye opener for you Tevezs wage slip.it shows he paid over 3.3 million in taxes last year

Carlos Tevez?s pay slip leaked on the internet | World of Sport - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

its all about keeping the money going round, as long as the big earners spend their money it will filter back down the ladder. When people are scared to spend then the economy suffers.

"End of" what :confused1:

whatever we think about taxation the fact remains we have the lowest rates, and the rich continue to evade while the void between the working classes and the well heeled gets greater.

its undeniable, if you are at the bottom, and i know ive been there, you find a system that punishes you with charges, charges only the poor pay, charges like non direct debit charges, charges like youve been in debt for a while, cant afford to pay what you owe, and debt companies charge you a rate on top of your debt, lets say council tax debt, the council sell the debt to an agency who basicaly send you threatening letters and charges for administration that equal to or exceed your origional debts.

at one stage I got into trouble with my utilities bills, so they installed a pre payment meter on my gas an delectric and i now pay 10% over the odds for my fuels, they wont take it off less i pay 300 pounds as a service!

I hope for your sake that you never find yourself in true poverty huck, it is not a very nice place to be, and who do you think benifits from all these extra debt charges?