Best 2 Stroke oil for running in stihl ms 241

Deanicuss

No, don't use HP for running in. Use standard mineral for the first 10 litres of mix through it, then if you want the ultimate see the link at the bottom of my posts. Using HP will not protect it more as piston rings bed in but rather prevent correct bedding in; the saw will be all the sweeter using a run-in oil as such.

We all have our own ways, and I respect that of TCD, we certainly used to have to bed tractor engines in on rubbish oil, or the bores would glaze.

Having said that, I personally would run a saw in on a good quality oil that I intended to always use, if that was HP ultra then so be it.

I would however only use the prescribed 50:1, not a stronger mix as many believe they should, it will just oil the exhaust up.

Thanks guys ive ordered some of this,

Stihl two stroke 5 litre oil | F R Jones and Son

from F R Jones.

Perfect.

This video looks a bit contrived but is nonetheless true...

for when you want to get serious! See comments under video re running in on castrol2t then upchanging...

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Based on my own wee 026 plus numerous FS200 and FS250 Stihl strimmers at work.

run in and run on red Stihl oil punctiliously mixed at 1:50

none of them have ever missed a beat or even need a plug, that I am aware of.

compared to generally negative exp with other brands and other oils.

The other cheaper 2 stroke oils were definately not as good, though in fairness probably mixed too stiff before I:blushing: realized Council staff could be so dreagh.