2 cubic metres?

brewpup

where i`m based about 96% of my customers have 5kw stoves the other 4% have the likes of 16kw stoves

i just cut all my logs to between 8-12 inches all of which i know full well will fit in my 5kw stove so i know they will fit in any other stove of 5kw or above & they fit nicely on an open fire too!! it saves me time & hassle i work out of a small yard so it is easier for me to just do one size range of logs it has worked well for the last 16 years

i wanted double the money as i had to hand ball them back on the truck take em back to base & run them one at a time through the circular saw then deliver them back so i wanted the same amount of money again for doing all that!

plus the guy was quite arsey about it if he had been sound i would probs not have charged him anything near double but when the guy calls me & says the logs are all 2 feet long & are not seasoned as they are 18% moisture & they should be at the most 6%

i just did not want to deal with him i know what my logs are like & non of them are 2feet long!!!!!

I had one complaint last year one of my first loads out. I had a bad feeling about this very strange man the year before. Complained logs too small and not dry enough. He had failed to leave the money with his wife the day before so when I reposessed my logs I did not need to refund his money. I was polite firm but not aggressive. My advice if you catch some strange ones on the line throw them straight back lifes too short :thumbup:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one complaint last year one of my first loads out. I had a bad feeling about this very strange man the year before. Complained logs too small and not dry enough. He had failed to leave the money with his wife the day before so when I reposessed my logs I did not need to refund his money. I was polite firm but not aggressive. My advice if you catch some strange ones on the line throw them straight back lifes too short :thumbup:

Yeah,theres always gonna be one with his moisture meter, hands on his hips saying your logs are not 2% and the man that sold me the logburner said "only kiln dried logs at 2% moisture will burn on your logburner" . Once every couple of years i get this.As said turn away and deliver to the next customer. I was working in a graveyard today and i was looking at the headstones, a lot of them wernt far off my age. Life really is to short.

Been thinking a bit more on this one.

From my random workings, in order to come to to the 8 from ordering two, there needs to have been some reference to cubed mentioned somewhere.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know anyone offering logs but the metre cubed, only by the metre cube (so 1x1x1).

1 cubic metre = 1x (1m x 1m x 1m)

1 metre cube = 1x (1m x 1m x 1m)

1 metre cubed = (1m x 1m x 1m) to the power of 3

I think it's all about the magic d :001_smile:

I see your point ThrustSSC, it just shows how inaccurate the English language is compared to maths!

Yes I believe you if you say you have a degree in maths, but not sure if you, on the other hand, would believe I have a degree in engineering!? I have actually.

LOL :-) OK, I'll do the sums, you design me a nice big splitter that lets me sit with my feet up on a stump drinking tea while it does my work! :-D