Late cancellations as a subbie... Charge? Fee?

swinny

I'm not a subbie climber so this is unbias. What if its the car not starting one day , weather the next , personal circumstances the day after ? . Where does that leave the climber ? TBH t&c's clearly written out smaks of professionalism to me not some sort of chancer . :001_smile:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got t&c's of a contract climber here and he charges 100% of day rate if cancelled less than 24hrs and 50% if more than 24hrs but less than 48 . No charge if over 48hrs .

So if I cancel him on the morning of a job coz I'm ill or there has been a family emergency he will expect to get paid? No chance:)

I'm not a subbie climber so this is unbias. What if its the car not starting one day , weather the next , personal circumstances the day after ? . Where does that leave the climber ? TBH t&c's clearly written out smaks of professionalism to me not some sort of chancer . :001_smile:

I second that the ts and Cs are required, and if they said 'upon the non attendance of xyz sub contract climber then xyz climber will cover the cost of replacement staff to the same amount as charged to ensure that the job gets done' then id say no problem, as we are both covered equally.

Swings and round abouts.

But if they were a completely honest three days in a row occurances and cancellations, then as a human you can clearly see that fred bloggs is having a bit of a bad run and id say no worries. If as the man letting someone down three days in a row, id say once i get all these things fixed how do you feel about doing a few seven day weeks to catch up. if the response was i dont work saturdays then id say 'oh ok,' and sensed complete anger, then to be honest at that point id imagine that the working relationship would have been tested and it would no longer be viable for the two to work together with such animosity.

[quote name=jaime bray;7583

But if they were a completely honest three days in a row occurances and cancellations' date=' then as a human you can clearly see that fred bloggs is having a bit of a bad run and id say no worries. If as the man letting someone down three days in a row, id say once i get all these things fixed how do you feel about doing a few seven day weeks to catch up. if the response was i dont work saturdays then id say 'oh ok,' and sensed complete anger, then to be honest at that point id imagine that the working relationship would have been tested and it would no longer be viable for the two to work together with such animosity.[/quote]

Exactly. Why make it into something it isn't?

I just had a client not bother to be there when I went to quote, and not answer calls.

An hour and a half of my time and some fuel.

This happened between 3 and 5 pm today.

What should I do? Oh yeah.. moan on arbtalk about it:001_smile:

I second that the ts and Cs are required, and if they said 'upon the non attendance of xyz sub contract climber then xyz climber will cover the cost of replacement staff to the same amount as charged to ensure that the job gets done' then id say no problem, as we are both covered equally.

Swings and round abouts.

But if they were a completely honest three days in a row occurances and cancellations, then as a human you can clearly see that fred bloggs is having a bit of a bad run and id say no worries. If as the man letting someone down three days in a row, id say once i get all these things fixed how do you feel about doing a few seven day weeks to catch up. if the response was i dont work saturdays then id say 'oh ok,' and sensed complete anger, then to be honest at that point id imagine that the working relationship would have been tested and it would no longer be viable for the two to work together with such animosity.

Yep , i would say thats fair .. Suppose its these situations you find out the real person :001_smile:

Why do people see t&c's as such a threat? If your a decent firm then the situation wouldn't arrise, i am not unreasonable at all and run my own business.

This is t&c's for lazy sods with bad excuses and timing...

Ts and Cs that are written correctly and provide a situation whereby both parties are protected and equally considered are in no way, in my opinion, a threat.

As long as they stand up in a court of law and are equal then i welcome such development within my business activities.

What about if as a result of operator incompetence a subbie breaks something. Does that get paid for out of the subbies wage? I wouldnt be comfy charging a subbie for breakages. Just asking not antagonising