Advice on A road traffic control

testcricket01

I reckon that would fell with a decent winch.

My mate runs a 1954 Unipower with a ground spade that has a 30 tonne pull.

He could drive up to you, but it would take about 2 days!

Lane closures and dismantle would be the way forward here though.

If it shat itself and went backwards into live traffic you'd be up the creek, even very early on a Sunday morning.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwiw, I would use a powerful winch on a Sunday morning (early!) hire two guys with hi viz jackets to stop the traffic for 2 mins during the fell itself, (it WILL fell with the right pull and a good cut) then when it hits the ground everyone go home, clear up a few days later.

only youve seen it here james so we can all sit here holding our nuts and putting our chest out saying 'i would fell it' but is it really worth it? if youve got the slightest feeling itll go wrong and if your client isnt up for paying are they worth having as a client?

only you know but good luck.

ps i would fell it:thumbup1::001_tt2:

Ive shown a good mate of mine experienced forester he said its pretty well balanced he says it would fell easy enough but he said the same as me its not worth the risk im all for stunt fells etc but if that went backwards no questions about it someone would be killed that is a very busy major road cars and lorrys all doing 60-70 plus there.

Good call James.

Might be an idea to get a TM company in for a look at it. They do this stuff every day. You explain your required dropzones etc. and they'll come up with a plan.

Won't be cheap, but it's your career on the line.

If the customer won't pay, walk away.

No shame in that.

Good call James.

Might be an idea to get a TM company in for a look at it. They do this stuff every day. You explain your required dropzones etc. and they'll come up with a plan.

Won't be cheap, but it's your career on the line.

If the customer won't pay, walk away.

No shame in that.

Exactly mark id rather not have this job its alot of hassle but ive been wanting to get work with this stately home for ages ill give them a price my gut feeling is they will do it them selfs and it will be fine but im not willing to risk it they can crack on! My missus's dad is manager at road maintence company hes been telling me advice said ring up the council if im lucky they might even send the police out to close the road for half hour. See what i can sort out

From what I can see in your pictures you will be able to do this with a set of lights.

Not being cocky or foolish.

There are TM companies who will advise on signage and will supply the equipment. They will not advise on the tree work, simply the TM part, mind.

I can help as I'm a fully qualified TM and have much experience with this type of thing. No wind up!:biggrin: I have just finished some 75 miles of roadside tree work. The 'organising' and 'seeing job through to the end' part. (And 30+ years in the business)

Please PM me for an informal chat and proof of my qualifications if you like.

Currently based in North Sunny Suffolk.

Codlasher

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got everything all sorted for this job, no end of emails, phone calls etc etc they wont allow traffic lights but will allow a static lane closed off so i will have the whole day to dismantle the roadside sections till im 1000% its going in the field. Lets hope all the organising comes off for the 6th december. Traffic control came in at £1150 so not that bad really.