REC Climb Epping Forest: First dry winter weekend old growth beeches!

top-climber

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Mr Bowen, How did you find the RW?

Really good actually.

Embarrassing confession time. I never knew that you could clip a crab into the pantin.:blushing: once I realised that it made it much easier to focus on wrench. Very quick to ascend.

Shame there wasn't a big turn out as the beeches are lovely! !

Really good actually.

Embarrassing confession time. I never knew that you could clip a crab into the pantin.:blushing: once I realised that it made it much easier to focus on wrench. Very quick to ascend.

Shame there wasn't a big turn out as the beeches are lovely! !

Dont worry i only found that out 2 years ago. :blushing: I had planned to go but the British Government insisted (told me) that i had clearance to survey the last 2 prison sites yesterday and this morning. So i was a no go :thumbdown: . Did you get to do some work positioning or just accents?

Dont worry i only found that out 2 years ago. :blushing: I had planned to go but the British Government insisted (told me) that i had clearance to survey the last 2 prison sites yesterday and this morning. So i was a no go :thumbdown: . Did you get to do some work positioning or just accents?

Just a few ascents really. Wasn't the best of weather to be fair. Got Andy's little lad up on the Rope guide with a 3:1system. Cocoon and revolver so not a bad morning! !

I had a good little play today didn't really focus too much on the top of tree just 3/4 downwards also a string of long jumps and swings (in Tom bs sillouette photo to my left and behind me is loads of chunky scaffold limbs) nice huge tree to swing around in...

There is a few of these trees here all waiting to be explored, I've only climbed this one out of the biggies

Would prefer better weather as it was a .... twitcher at times but stay pretty dry looking forward to next one

With hopefully better weather and Few more people

But nonetheless

A good day nice one Andy and Tom