diets

plank_pusher

Age does not come into it to be a major factor. More often than not it is the way your food is cooked, replace cooking oil with Fry Lite. Eat the obvious stuff such as yoghurt, fruit, vegetables and meat. Just change the way you cook it. Make most of your meals from scratch so you know what goes into it. It really is all about preparation. Combined with a proactive lifestyle and you couldn't go wrong. Drink your daily requirement of water. Don't rely on calories, you can still consume 3-4000 calories of good nutrients and still lose weight. Look at bodybuilders for proof.

If you want some recipes hit me up, nothing tastes as good like a massive dinner you cooked yourself.

This is true, but high calorie intake is unhealthy even if you don't gain weight.

Our modern high calorie/high protein diet turns our cells onto "replacement mode", replication of cells is what leads to cancer (bit like photocopying a photocopy, the quality reduces each time), by fasting (only twice per week) you can switch your cells onto "repair mode" this is much healthier.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true, but high calorie intake is unhealthy even if you don't gain weight.

Our modern high calorie/high protein diet turns our cells onto "replacement mode", replication of cells is what leads to cancer (bit like photocopying a photocopy, the quality reduces each time), by fasting (only twice per week) you can switch your cells onto "repair mode" this is much healthier.

:thumbup::thumbup1:

And for anyone who missed this article first time round, only takes a few minutes to read and should explain what we are doing :biggrin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9480451/The-52-diet-can-it-help-you-lose-weight-and-live-longer.html

You see, I have an issue with eating what is considered healthy food. Veg need boiling to a virtual mush, meat needs to be well cooked and very tender, pine nuts and such like need avoiding. I absorb probably 50% of the fluids I need, say 50% from a glass of waterr/mug of tea. I need at least twice as much salt on my food, maybe more, I have to be generous with the salt spoon. I need jelly babies, White breads, marsh mallows, coca cola, all the stuff which is generally deemed unhealthy, just to function "normally". So inevitably weight gain and the "wrong" types of food are consumed now. Shame really, I love good quality, properly cooked food, a m/rare steak and so on. Cest la vie :001_smile:

All the above but also remember your metabolism starts slowing down once you pass about 30 and gets progressively slower as time goes on . age related weight gain and slight muscle loss is inevitable .. hope that cheers you up ! :thumbup:

Considering I'm only 20 I think I should be OK haha

Its just a tad upsetting when you're 20 and you're already out of your peak physical fitness haha

Cheers guys, deffinately helped