Chainsaw trousers ruined?

Gravityalwayswins

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope you have made your mind up if your scrapping the trousers or not.. If you want an opinion then mine is don't worry about it, don't do it again or on a regular basis.

Don,t give the wife a hard time or you will be doing your own washing which is my books is worse that the loss of 3 pints of blood.

Your wife may be setting you up.. (has she upped your insurance premium in the last week or so)????

Wot!!!!!!

Explain why they wont smooth out when dry.

Right...:001_rolleyes:

Wash your hair, then brush it.... see how easy it brushes straight when wet...:001_huh:

Then fluff it up and sleep on it. Then in the morning try to brush it down dry.

Unless you have some kind of freak hair [or no hair] you will find that it will ping back more or less to the same shape as it was before you started.

Unless you wet it again.

Woolly jumpers are the same, if they are dried with creases in they stay creased, hence washing instructions all say 'dry flat'. :001_huh::001_tongue:

Ergo, washing trousers with blocking material in them COULD cause the blocking to become poorly distributed, but if they're drip dried it's no problem, they're shaken out, smoothed flat and dry correctly. If tumble dried, and the blocking material has moved around, it will MOST LIKELY [but not definitely] remain in that position. When dry it will be difficult, or impossible, to re-distribute....

Hence, to cover themselves from this potentially disastrous occurrence - type C's becoming type A's - manufacturer washing instructions will advise against tumble drying....:001_smile:

Well male grooming tips aside the problem I have with your wet dry massaging technique is that if the protective material can migrate in a washer or dryer it can also migrate in use or in the moment of need.

Unlikely, because even if they're wet, everything will be held in place against your legs....

And I think the original question was 'instructions say don't tumble dry, why?' and the answer is, 'in SOME circumstances it may cause blocking material to become poorly distributed, so to protect themselves, they advise against it'.... As with most things, it doesn't mean it will definitely happen... :001_huh::001_tongue:

And don't go to bed with wet hair, you'll catch a cold....!:biggrin: