Chainsawbars online newsletter.

Rob D

It's coming up to 10 months since the chainsawbars website was launched and thanks very much to the people who have bought off the site....

In brief:

• Delivery - no longer will be free delivery on smaller orders or over £100.

• Price increases - will be some price increases on the site average 5% but not on bars or chain

• Artalker discount - raised to 10% to mitigate the above

• Sugihara bars - new order for 4 months time will include all the shorter bars in the full pro solid silver version

• Cheap carving bars - £20+ vat each (-£2 after arb disc). Several of these came without the oiler holes drilled.... They are ok bars but I'd rather just sell the best and these are average. Carving bars

In detail:

• Delivery - On a small parcel the delivery cost is not the problem - it's the wrapping, doing the invoice and then going to the post office that takes time and I have to pay someone to do this. So am quite happy to do small orders but delivery will be minimum £4.95+vat - that said if I feel someone has paid way over the odds then I usually put in a few freebies to make it fairer. For the website it would cost too much and be too time consuming to put in a weight for each product, then balance this weight against the destination address.... similarly there will be no free delivery over £100, I just don't send the volume at the moment to get the rates where I can do this.

• Prices - several costs have gone up recently and so some of the prices on the site will go up - this will be over the next 3 weeks.... not massively but on average 4 to 5%. Bars and chains will stay the same.

• 10% discount for arbtalkers - to balance the increases for people on here I've put all the arbtalkers who have signed up on the site to 10% rather than 4%. And this applies to arbtalkers who sign up in the future - but I'm no longer advertising the fact.... Quite a few people browse arbtalk, see I do a discount and then ask for it.... so if you want it sign up first then PM me and I can put it on your account. A lot of the prices won't be live on the site for a while so if you buy sooner rather than later you'll get the 10% off the older cheaper prices.

• Save Edge files - I'm the only supplier in the UK for these files and they are now on the site Products for the category: Round files Also in most of the chain sharpening tools when you open the window to look at the product detail the links to the appropriate video that show you how to use that tool are built into the description.

• Sugihara bars - Now looking to get the next shipment organised - this will have all the shorter bars as the solid replaceable sprocket i.e. 13" to 20" inclusive. Also there will be a 14" light type bar (solid bar but with areas of the bar removed and replaced with resin) with replaceable nose sprocket for the MS200T (or MS201T etc). This will have much greater durability than the existing laminated bars on the market as well as having better build quality and tolerances. Also getting a 12" carving bar as well.

• Zebra carving bars - Quite a few of these bars came without the oiler holes drilled due to a mistake at the factory (not sure exactly where they are produced). I had Nick Speakman use one for a couple of days hard carving and he reckoned they stand around 40% of the same use as say a Cannon or Oregon bar. These I am selling for £20-00+vat each (or £18 inc arbtalk disc) but you will have to sort out drilling the oiler holes yourself! I'm getting some Sugihara carving bars in a few months - I'd rather stock just the high end bars. To buy just put in Stihl 018 into the selector here Carving bars

:biggrin:

• 4 months later...

Finally these have just come in - all in boxes in the shed - today I will be quite literally plastering arbtalk with pics and prices so that everyone can see the beautyful shiny things!

Just need a bit of time unpacking and taking some pics!

FR Jones and son is the only other retailer stocking these at the moment and Justin is taking a full comprehensive range of these bars so to see them and feel them in the flesh go to him:

Contact us | F R Jones and Son

:biggrin:

• 5 months later...