Avant 200 - 400, anyone run one?

WoodMouse

Cool, so im thinking about one that could lift about a ton. Seems that's a useful size from posts on here.

I'm thinking about how to transport all this stuff to sites. would trailing the Avant and say mounting a chipper on a tipper truck be a useful configuration for most projects?

In a word, no.

Unless I've misunderstood and you mean one vehicle towing the Avant and the truck towing the chipper?

In which case, yes!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word, no.

Unless I've misunderstood and you mean one vehicle towing the Avant and the truck towing the chipper?

In which case, yes!

yea, i was trying to think how i could get away with one vehicle. had an idea about mounting a small 4" sized chipper on the truck, as anything thicker could be bundled up by the lifter, used for charcoal. Starting to understand the size of teams for the work that level of equipment would require, and two trucks in that case is the only way.

Tyres on avant wont be highway or speed rated. Sounds like you would need HGV license as well

starting to think that would be another thing i'd have to get.

Been applying for groundy/driver jobs i think i'd be suitable for. Get some experience.

Did some log splitting with mine today and it has an oscillating joint. On this one you can lock the oscillating joint, but I never do, I hate it when it is locked off, far better machine with it unlocked.

Apparently they are all going to be non oscillating, which in my view is a step backwards. This is a CSF 45D by the way

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351088585.834282.jpg.6a95af8c45841d5e302be37d13b63658.jpg