Landforce duo 135 chipper HELP

mph

Just been loned the above chipper while mine is being re manufactured, we are having major problems trying to chip minor branches let alone anything above 2 inches!

The bottom roller jams and stops at the sight of wood, I think this machine has a phobia about work. It seems that possibly there is not enough hydraulic pressure and that the small debris that drop down beneath the bottom roller is enough to jam it.

The pressure is less than 1 bar and only just off zero,I don't know how accurate the gauge is.

Has anyone any used this type of chipper and can help with any possible solutions.

This is with out doubt the worst machine I have ever had the misfortune to use, big ugly heavy and not very practicle.

sounds like the roller keyway that links the roller shaft to the hydraulic motor might be overly worn. peice of piss to sort motor off side plate off Roller out new bit of key steel & bobs your uncle..

I'd also check filters inc air & also check the roller hydraulic flow is up high enough from the multi block. are the rollers stalling ?

it should work they used to struggle when using both the shredder & chipper at the same time

the factory then upt the engine size & stopped making it as a 135 re badging it as a 200 or 235 duo shredder chip combo 40 & 63 hp respectfully

Edited by Yorkshireman

thanks for the reply.

The tank looks almost full although its difficult to see any refernce mark on the side of the tank.

I don't know where the the relief valve is. We did locate a black double turnable plastic knob near too the junction of pipes by the hopper, which we have turned and it seems to speed up and slow down the rollers.

As for the filter i take it that the red large cap on top of the tank houses the filter. Is it ok to open this when its under pressure?

thanks for the reply.

The tank looks almost full although its difficult to see any refernce mark on the side of the tank.

I don't know where the the relief valve is. We did locate a black double turnable plastic knob near too the junction of pipes by the hopper, which we have turned and it seems to speed up and slow down the rollers.

As for the filter i take it that the red large cap on top of the tank houses the filter. Is it ok to open this when its under pressure?

hyd fluid is fine , the black thingy is the flow control to speed up & slow the rollers As you've sussed

No thats not the filter & DEFO dont take of the red top thats for topping up the tank & if its under pressure then you'll get a nasty shock !!!!

sounds like the roller keyway to me, as if the torque cant get to the roller then it will jam ,

probably just hanging on in there with enough there to rotate

the more you use it in that condition the more damage potential to the roller shafts key housing & that can get costly

I'm not sure what the pressure should be, but many chippers experience blow off fatigue over a period of time. Get an accurate gauge and re-set to manufacturers spec, if that fails - their may be an issue with the roller and the wrap that surrounds it. I doubt it would be the keyway, they tend to either work or fail. With the engine off, lean into the infeed chute and see if you can turn the roller much. A little is acceptable, too much could mean keyway trouble, which is different to a hydraulic issue.

Good luck.

Hey,

Basic check is the knifes AND the anvil.

If the wood can not be cut easy then what will happen is the disc will try to force the branch backwards as the blunt knife passes which will try and stal the rollers, adding more branches adds to the problem until you get total roller stal.

If the avnil is rounded of, this could cause the problem even if you have got sharpe knifes.

The problem is worse on fibreous type material.

hope this might help.